Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Playstation Plus

Konnichiwa bitches!

I have signed up for Japanese PS+ because there are loads of free games and discounts on a buttload of PS1 games.

I can't translate kanji yet so I can't list out every game. I will try to remember to post up the Instant Game Collection in picture form each month so you can see what's available.

It looks like you cannot buy subscription cards of J+ so you will need to buy points cards and purchase it through the store. The cost of 12 months when bought from the PS store is about ?29.

I haven't included the PS1 games that have discounts but there are loads for about 600 yen. It includes Harmful Park.

Instant Game Collection and new discounts as of April 17th 2014.

EDF Vita and Puyo Puyo are nice treats.

Comment

When the PS4 launched over there you got a free 3 month sub with PS+ on all (new?) Japanese PSN accounts, don't know if that offer is still on.
      So if you have a PS4, set up a JPN PSN account, log in to it on your PS3 and away you go for free initially. In theory anyway.

Comment

I believe it is now down to a two week trial.

Comment

You are doing the lord's work, sir.

The PS1 archive of a bajillion free PS1 games has tempted me before, and I've got the yen ready to roll whenever, it's just a matter of pulling the trigger (and having the hard disk space). Getting PCE and Neo titles is pretty awesome, too.

My only pain with the Vita stuff is that there's still no way to play the content on my main (UK) account - that and the account switching process when changing cards, which I've still not got my head around.

Comment

I am very close to pulling the trigger on a second Vita for a Japanese account machine. Going to see how the next couple of months of Plus go to see if it is worth it or whether to put up with the hassle of switching.

Comment

Dunno if you knew this or not, but you can check the PS+ lists on the PS website:

Comment

Well now, that sure is easier. Thanks!

Comment

Is it me or do the Japanese get more free stuff than us?

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                    I am very close to pulling the trigger on a second Vita for a Japanese account machine. Going to see how the next couple of months of Plus go to see if it is worth it or whether to put up with the hassle of switching.
                    Why would you put that idea in my head like that

Also yeah, Japan typically gets more stuff, but it's less common for it to be new, blockbuster titles like you keep getting in the west.

Comment

I have 2 Vitas for that very reason, need my SRW fix, see. Nice that EDF2025 is free at the moment, will have to have a bash of that before my 3 month trial sub runs out. Then...I can't deny getting another PS+ sub is tempting, but I already don't play any of the games I get from the NA one!

There are far too many PS1 games on the J-PS+, it took me ages to "purchase" them all seeing as you can only add 10 at a time to your cart.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                        Well now, that sure is easier. Thanks!
                        Dunno if you knew this or not but you can avoid checking the PS website by visiting this very thread where chopemon regularly updates what's available on the Japanese store.

Comment

I can't see a list anywhere, just a bunch of pictures...

In fairness chopemon, it's a big effort for very few people.

Oops, not EDF2025, EDF3 Portable. My mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            In fairness chopemon, it's a big effort for very few people.
                            It's true. Anybody who is interested in this will likely have a JPN account already, and wont need any updates as they'll already be checking themselves. I've been using mine since 2006, so none of this is news to me. The PS app also tells me of anything new, so I'd save yourself the time personally.

Harmful Park was free for PS+ users a good few months back now, so anybody interested has already missed it. Also, the lineup doesn't change with as much frequency as in the west. The games you've listed have been free, or on offer since the beginning of the year. EDF and PuyoTetris are new though. The Japanese PS+ is lacking compared to the western ones. It's mainly just PS1 games. A second Vita really isn't worth it IMO, especially if you have a PS3.
                            Last edited by J0e Musashi; 17-04-2014, 12:37.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Well don't discourage the man. We have little enough import content as it is these days, and I enjoy looking at Chopemon's updates. Same way I like reading Briareos Kerensky's extended diatribes on obscure dungeon crawlers. I have a JPN account of course, but it's not like I'm on there checking what's new every five minutes.

Plus, it gives us a chance to discuss it. Dunno why you lot want less posts

Comment

Working...
                              X