Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moyes leaves Man Utd - now at Real Sociedad

Confirmed a few minutes ago.

Manchester United manager David Moyes is sacked after only 10 months, with Ryan Giggs taking temporary charge at Old Trafford.

Everyone will have a view on this I guess, be very interesting where they plan to go from here Manager wise, especially with the rebuilding needed this summer etc.

Leaves Fergie with some egg on his face, ha.
    Last edited by VR46; 11-11-2014, 19:41.

Right decision he was out of his depth, his biggest mistake was sacking Mulensteen and Phelan may have stood a chance if he'd kept them on.

Would obviously love Guadiola but that's not going to happen so maybe someone to bring Giggs on?

Comment

Tend to agree, though a month ago I would probably have said give him another season. He really should have got more out of the team in the last couple of months now he's been there more than six months.

Comment

He's gone from bad to worse and I actually feel sorry for him. It's definitely time to go.

Comment

BBC are reporting that Giggs will be in charge of the first team for the remaining matches this season.

Dunno if that had already been reported, but they just did a separate tweet about it, so I assume it's new news.

Edit: Klopp has ruled himself out of the running.
          Last edited by EJG1980; 22-04-2014, 10:04.

Comment

He's made poor team choices all season, though I thought the Bayern games were encouraging. Right choice, even if this is a rebuilding/transition (whatever excuse they like to give for a crap season), they should be higher up the league.

No Champions League next season is a disgrace.

Comment

For people who don't like Man United, this season has been brilliant, rather like the phone hacking and News of the World folding was for left wing people. Even in my team - Albion - get relegated, I will still look back fondly on this season.

Comment

I think they might have more people wanting the job than at the end of last season. It was always going to be hard for anyone to step into Ferguson's shoes. But most top managers will feel they can improve on Moyes' performance.

Comment

First time I've seen this pic from the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
                    I think they might have more people wanting the job than at the end of last season. It was always going to be hard for anyone to step into Ferguson's shoes. But most top managers will feel they can improve on Moyes' performance.
                    Considering applying for it myself actually.

Comment

Weird to think a club as big as Man U probably won't be able to get their first couple of choices (say Guardiola, Klopp). A real important stage in their transition, can't afford another poor season and splashing loads of cash this summer then finding the appointment wasn't right after all.

Comment

Hmm so who else on the possible list for the job ?

Laurent blanc
                        Louis van gaal
                        Diego simeone

To name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                          Weird to think a club as big as Man U probably won't be able to get their first couple of choices (say Guardiola, Klopp). A real important stage in their transition, can't afford another poor season and splashing loads of cash this summer then finding the appointment wasn't right after all.
                          It would be something different but what about giggs, Gary Neville and scholes etc over seeing the team and not having a manager as such ?

previous players at the club who wouldn't lose the dressing room like it seems moyes had leading up to his sacking today.

Comment

Think you've covered the external people wod, as nice as it would be to have those that have grown with the club, shared managerships never seem to work so can't see them going for Giggs or Neville back by a couple of others just yet. God knows.
                            Unless there are any other National team bosses whose contracts expire after the World Cup like Van Gaal.

Woy Hodgson maybe

Comment

Sky news have mentioned Carlo ancelotti saying he's not happy in Spain and has premier league experience etc.

Also Carlos queiroz has been mentioned a few times but I can't see it happening.

Comment

Working...
                              X