List of Japanese Devs working on Xbox One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of Japanese Devs working on Xbox One

This is a list of Japanese developers that are working on Xbox One. Cave is a surprising name to see. I hope that all of these games will come to PS4 as well as I really don't want to have to get both consoles. The list is taken from Famitsu and translated by Gematsu. I presume the Western companies have Japanese divisions, hence their inclusion.

2K Games
    Access Games
    Acquire
    Arc System Works
    Artdink
    Atlus
    Bandai Namco Games
    Bandai Namco Studio
    Bethesda Softworks
    BusinessPartner
    Capcom
    Cave
    Codemasters
    Cute
    CyberConnect2
    CyberStep
    D3 Publisher
    Electronic Arts
    Experience
    From Software
    G.rev
    Genki
    Grounding
    GungHo Online Entertainment
    Hamster
    Integrow
    Kadokawa Games
    Klon
    Konami
    Land Ho
    Level-5
    Mages
    Marvelous AQL
    Moss
    Nippon Ichi Software
    Sega
    Silicion Studio
    SNK Playmore
    Spike Chunsoft
    Square Enix
    Take-Two Interactive
    Tango Gameworks
    Tecmo Koei
    Triangle Service
    Ubisoft
    Warner Entertainment Japan
    Yuke?s
    Zoo

Danger danger. Possible wallet busting import fest later in the year.
    Great news tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Danger danger. Possible wallet busting import fest later in the year.
      Great news tbh.
      I'm not sure what the score is on Region lock for the Xbone?
      Might finally have to consider taking the plunge for one if the Cave stuff is true, although what on earth would they be releasing??

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
        Might finally have to consider taking the plunge for one if the Cave stuff is true, although what on earth would they be releasing??
        Instant Brain 2 and Donpacchin HD

The list is awesome though - can't wait to see some actual titles from them.

Comment

XB1 now has my interest.

Comment

I'm not sure what the score is on Region lock for the Xbone?

Neil
            It's region free.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Instant Brain 2 and Donpacchin HD

The list is awesome though - can't wait to see some actual titles from them.
              Nothing I've heard of then lol

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              It's region free.
              But is game locking still developer call like the 360 was or is it all Free now?

Comment

There's no reason why this list wouldn't also apply to PS4.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Neither Cave or Triangle Service have released anything on the PS3 though, and it's only recently that some others like Moss have just started to publish on Sony formats (Raiden IV Overkill, Caladrius Blaze). A bigger number of the list have always worked with both, but it does look like Microsoft do have a surprising head start with some of the smaller, more niche-y devs.

Comment

Nothing I've heard of then lol
                    But is game locking still developer call like the 360 was or is it all Free now?
                    As far as I know, it's all region free. Certainly discs are. There have been a few isolated reports of errors encountered with codes purchased on a foreign ebay working for a couple of weeks and then failing, but nothing concrete has been proven.

Comment

Neither Cave or Triangle Service have released anything on the PS3 though, and it's only recently that some others like Moss have just started to publish on Sony formats (Raiden IV Overkill, Caladrius Blaze). A bigger number of the list have always worked with both, but it does look like Microsoft do have a surprising head start with some of the smaller, more niche-y devs.
                      And Sony have a huge headstart in terms of installed base and popularity; I would be incredibly surprised to see some of the listed developers actually publish something for the X360 (Nippon Ichi, Spike Chunsoft), that list feels like a publicity spin from MS to ease a bit the XBO's launch in Japan.

Comment

There is Ketsui, which many would argue is Cave's greatest hour. I've never understood why the 360 got so much love over the PS3.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                          There is Ketsui, which many would argue is Cave's greatest hour. I've never understood why the 360 got so much love over the PS3.
                          That's published by 5pb though, not Cave.

Comment

True, it's still a Cave title though. If we took that approach, then we couldn't say that any Cave titles got a Western release.

I can imagine that the Xbox One will have even less of a install base in Japan than 360 did. It seems a little too niche for PS4 not to get support this time around. In saying that Cave cancelled Shirotsuku for Vita, which perhaps doesn't bode well for the unnamed original shooting game they also had planned, so you never know I guess.
                            Last edited by J0e Musashi; 23-04-2014, 11:31.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                              There's no reason why this list wouldn't also apply to PS4.
                              Just what I was thinking, nothing says anything is exclusive, PS4 could do with some Cave, Triangle love.
                              Trizeal HD, yes please, even though I was the only person on the planet to enjoy it.

Think b-k has hit the nail on the head, is all a publicity drive by MS.

Comment

Working...
                              X