Tao Feng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tao Feng

made by one of the MK team this shows its Mortal Kombat pedigree - no weapons or fatalities upto now though. weird controls in that you pull back to block - oldschool stylee - which seems really mad now that i am used to having a block button

fighters are all your generic MK style character models - fighting styles are pretty good with a combination of real fighting styles and Killer Instinct like speed combo's -- you can also use walls/poles to do attacks

combo's are easy to pull out - but training mode shows you some longer combo's were the timing has to be 'down' perfectly - something for the hardcore fighters to get to grips with me thinks

graphics are a mixed bag - character models look 'shiny' but they have good damage and you can destroy most of the stages whilst fighting

fighting is relatively slow paced - but you can get into a few quicker based combo's which can suck the energy bar down. you have a Chi meter from which you can fire projectile attacks (think supers from streety) - only prob is that these are only a button press away, thankfully it takes a while to rebuild chi when you have used it

nice touch is that for the 'turtle-rs' out there you get limb damage by blocking too much -- this can result in either 50% attack power lossage or even loss of using the limbs altogether. you can heal yourself though using your Chi meter

from initial play time this looks like it could be a solid middle tier fighter - worth a look for those fancying something a bit different but i expect many people will give it a miss

camps

Yep this has got to be the worse fighters ever, taking even Rise of the Robot's long running crown! lol Ludicrous animations, silly combos coupled with loads of slow down towards the end, i really shudnt of bothered lol - makes Kasumi Ninja on the Jaguar 10x the fun!

Comment

Working...
    X