Dreamcast Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamcast Questions

I`m wanting to play US/Jap games on my Pal Dreamcast but don`t know if there`s a disc i can buy?

Does anybody know of one and if there is where can i get one from?

Also are there any leads i can get which`ll allow me to plug into my Amp?
    Yet again if anybody knows of one can you tell me where i can get one from?

Much appreciated

The xploder cheat disk or the Codebreaker cheat disk will let you boot up import games and will run them at 60hz.

Dont know of anything specific that will let you connect your DC to an amp, there is probably a DC scart lead with phono out on it, there is one for nearly every other console.

Comment

u can dl an image and burn to cd which acts as a boot disc, i wont give any links but u need to look for summut called "utopia"

as for amp, u can get an official scart lead which has phono outs that plug straight into your amp, or u can get the argos scart block that has 2 sets of phono lead sockets on, then u basicaly plug any old dc scart lead into or even svideo into a scart adapter into the scart block then get a pair of phono leads that go into the scart block then into your amp, this is what i have had to do

hope this help

Comment

Cheers for the replies.

Frag - Where can i get an official scart lead from? As i don`t have S-Video connections on me tv.

Cheers

Comment

u dont need svideo on your tv, as if u buy the argos scart plug,

sacrt block goes into the back of your tv via normal sacrt lead, u plug the dreamcast and the method of connection into the scart block u can use rgb lead/svideo/std scart lead, then use phonos to your amp

if u want an official lead, the only place i can suggest is ebay, shouldnt cast more than 6 or 7 quid, just make sure its the one with phono out leads on

Comment

or if u wanna import one, this ones available from www.play-asia.com

Online shopping for Import Video Games, Digital Codes, iTunes Cards, Mobage & PSN Cards, Movies, Music, Electronics, Computers, Software, Books, Apparel, Personal Care, Toys & more.

Comment

Cheers frag.

Much appreciated - will get one on payday.

Cheers

Comment

if you want a proper boot disc then get the dc-x boot disc for dc its the best one

you can get it from www.videogameimports.com

Comment

Yup, don't bother with Utopia. It doesn't force 60hz so some games refuse to boot or run squashed.

Comment

Does anyone know if, and where, you can get a copy of Planetweb version 3 for the US Dreamcast? It used to be that amazon.com sold it but they refused to sell it to annyone outside the usa so I could never order it. I once found an image on a web site that claimed to be this but which turned out to be a Japanese web browser instead, which is almost impossible to understand.

Brian

Comment

You could always ask Sega nicely - they were sending out copies of DreamKey 3 to anyone that asked for them, as the online software that used to ship with PAL Dreamcasts was tied to the now-dead SegaNet.

Otherwise, DreamKey 3 was also bundled with Phantasy Star Online Episode 2.

And yes, you want to hand Videogameimports.com the money for a DC-X - import games at 50Hz are just wrong.

Bear in mind that it won't boot any CDR things (like my Spectrum Emulator) in 60Hz for you, though, so even that isn't perfect.

Comment

Working...
                      X