Transfer Deadline Day & Loan Deal Fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfer Deadline Day & Loan Deal Fees

That time is upon us again last day of the transfer window and I'm sure some big names and money to be spent today.

What are people's thoughts on Loan Deal fees? ie Wellbeck for ?5M and Falcao for ?20M etc, don't know if they will include part of their salaries etc.

Who are you hoping your team signs?

Which area(s) need strengthening?

Falcao to Man U. Woah, would be a great addition. Not sure how he fits in. Maybe Rooney to drop into midfield?

Strange one though with having no CL and other positions in need of more coverage.

Comment

Yes with Rooney/Mata/RVP/Di Maria and now Falcao, good luck keeping that lot happy.

Comment

Isn't RVP going to be out for several months?

Kinda desperate move. United needs some defense I think. Mats Hummels for example, though Dortmund is a tough team to strike a deal with.

Monaco is also trying to sell Moutinho. Did the owner stop pouring money into them or something?
        Last edited by Panta Rhei; 01-09-2014, 18:10.

Comment

How much time and effort have we wasted on that tosspot Borini? Pisspoor effort from all concerned. We should have told him to do one the moment he piddled around, and the lad himself should realise that he's not good enough for Liverpool. They're getting in other people rather than promoting him to a chance. So, so deluded. He's a mid-table player any day of the week.

Comment

Crikey, Wellbeck to Arsenal for ?16M, didn't see that one coming. Never been a big fan of his, time to prove himself.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
              How much time and effort have we wasted on that tosspot Borini? Pisspoor effort from all concerned. We should have told him to do one the moment he piddled around, and the lad himself should realise that he's not good enough for Liverpool. They're getting in other people rather than promoting him to a chance. So, so deluded. He's a mid-table player any day of the week.
              Even 'Arry tried to sign him but his wage demands were just silly apparently. Ah well, he can keep the bench warm at LFC.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                Crikey, Wellbeck to Arsenal for ?16M, didn't see that one coming. Never been a big fan of his, time to prove himself.
                Yeah. Not sure about this at all. I hope he can up his game.

Comment

I'd have had Welbeck back here like a shot :-(
                  We've got no defence cover for sicknotes Brown and O'Shea, balance, creativity, or forward line. A whole summer - how did it come to this? Piss-farting around left, right and centre, and they're the positions we're most lacking.

Comment

Thank **** Tom Cleverly wanted too much cash...

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                      I was watching Sky Sports News on and off last night and earlier in the night they had a reporter outside The Emirates who said "Arsenal have told us they will not be signing Danny Wellbeck," and the big group of Arsenal fans behind him all cheered wildly. Would have liked to see the reaction of the same group when he actually did end up signing

Speaking of SSN, it really is terrible now, apart from a few of the nice looking presenters (Ohh Adam Leventhal, grr, down boy). They actually have five minute segments where they look at the latest tweets, and photos from instagram. They've essentially televised people sitting around and looking at the internet! They even showed the presenters hugging, shaking hands, and wishing each other good luck when they had a shift changeover, which was weird.

I think they should go the whole hog and introduce WWE wrestling style storylines. Women presenters getting into cat fights, evil male presenters trying to sabotage their colleagues to make themselves look better, producers bullying presenters until they snap and fight back. Now that would be good TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                        Thank **** Tom Cleverly wanted too much cash...
                        You don't escape that easily! Looks like a very late loan deal was agreed and TC is on his way to Villa.

Aston Villa receive Premier League approval to sign Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley on a season-long loan.

Comment

Yeah...I just don't rate him at all.
                          Oh well...maybe Roy Keane will help get him firing?

But him seemingly being guaranteed games means Westwood dropping out and having his development stalled. All to help get Cleverly fit enough for a January move to Everton.

Don't see one positive side to this from Villas point of view.

Comment

I think Welbeck will do well for the Gunners.

Comment

I wonder if he'll play down the middle at Arsenal or still be stuck out wide. With the Giroud injury you'd expect them to give him a his chance as the main central striker. You never know, he could end up doing a Sturridge. He works tirelessly and there's definitely some skill in him, loved his goal against Sweden in Euro 2012.

Comment

Working...
                              X