Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use Buyee to bid on Yahoo auctions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use Buyee to bid on Yahoo auctions?

I just found this yesterday and thought it would be a good way to get some JPN stuff that I can't find on fleabay

Anyone used it?
    Any stories?

If you want to use paypal they request that you link your account so they can access it straight away...which may be the wording but sound a bit scary to me.

I just found out about it the other day too. It looks absolutely ridiculous. I have no idea why Japan has to do everything in a more brain-dead way than the whole of the rest of the planet. Ebay sellers simply ship internationally, but oh no, the Japanese are too special for that, they have to send items to a warehouse in Japan and have it shipped from there to these horrible untrustworthy foreign countries. With a fee at every single possible stage of course. Want to pay somebody? Well of course you have to pay for the privilege of paying. I cannot believe this is the official system now.

It's completely ludicrous unless you REALLY want something that you cannot possibly buy anywhere else, or something that is very expensive. If you want to buy a lot of small items, the individual payment fees, domestic delivery fees, and of course Buyee's fee for combining them all, are going to add up to ten times the amount you could just buy the items for at the already-extortionate marked-up ebay prices.

Comment

All i know is Buyee is operated by Tenso so at least it's legit. I have used their forwarding service loads & never had a problem plus the fees for that are some of the cheapest around, never gotten to use the YAJ service yet but will be interested to hear how it is.

Comment

Yahoo Japan auctions is a million times better than eBay. For a start you don't get shafted with a billion charges, the sellers are 99% honest and there's no dicks sending expensive stuff in a paper bag. The main reason why Yahoo Actions isn't international is because Japanese can't speak English. Just imagine if a load of Japanese tried to buy stuff from you. You'd well be pissed because you wouldn't be able to understand them.

Put it this way, I've done over 2000 transactions on Yahoo Auctions and been ripped off once! I've done about 5 on eBay and ripped off or bull ****ted to 3 times. That says it all.

Comment

eBay is a cespool. Out of the last 10 purchases I made on it, I was scammed or lied to or deceived 7 times out of 10.

Comment

I've bought a lot of stuff on Yahoo Auctions over the past year and my experience (obviously buying via a proxy and having stuff shipped to Europe) is that it's not worth doing for low value items. Standard Yahoo charges and internal postage alone can treble the cost of a seemingly cheap game or accessory.

Heavy items aren't too bad if you buy quite a lot of stuff, as international postage costs tend to plateau a bit once you reach the 30kg mark (which is surprisingly easy to do with a bit of money in the bank and free time to browse).

I haven't had any issues with anything I've ordered from Yahoo Auctions yet - bonus is that most junk auctions seem to be genuinely untested, rather than the "untested" auctions on eBay, where you can pretty much guarantee that stuff is faulty.

With eBay I find that about 95% of issues I encounter are with foreign buyers, regardless of where I'm living - when I was in the UK I often had issues with French buyers, but now that I'm in France the only issue I've had is with something I sold to Croatia. Also, Italians often seem to have a hard time grasping that their postal system is completely messed up and items will inevitably take a few weeks to arrive.
            Last edited by Marmotta; 24-10-2014, 09:32.

Comment

Never had an issue with eBay in 522 transactions. Hmm..

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                Never had an issue with eBay in 522 transactions. Hmm..
                You've been lucky!
                About 8 months ago I got ripped off with a fake GBA game and got doubly ripped off by the guy saying it wasn't returned (curse me not using recorded delivery!)

I refused to use ebay after this...

Eventually made my way back recently as there was some stuff I was after. I've bought items from 5 different sellers and already 1 of them has ripped me off by me not sending the item and not replying to messages -I've opened a case against him.

Comment

If there's any doubt I simply won't make the purchase. Luckily my tastes tend not to be stuff that is booted a lot.

I don't understand why people get so defensive when you point out their mistakes though, just admit to it and get on with it.

Comment

I also don't get the eBay hate. I have feedback on there of 165, which probably means I've made nearly 200 uses of the service, mainly buying and a few selling - and since the first time I ever used in 2000, I've only had about three bad experiences. One item stolen in the post (not eBay's fault) and a couple of dodgy GBA games (meaning I stopped getting GBA games altogether).

Some people are clearly very unlucky.

Comment

From a buyer perspective, there's nothing much that can go wrong with eBay which cannot be easily remedied. For sellers it's a completely different story - eBay now opens cases and withholds Paypal payments even when a buyer just wants to query when an item was sent, which is ridiculous.

Comment

I use Buyee. Gets expensive. Make sure you order a few things to make it worthwhile.

Comment

Earlier in the year I used From Japan to bid on an item from Yahoo Auctions which I simply could not locate anywhere else. Found it a bit daunting, but ultimately had no problems.

Comment

My recent experience with BUYEE.JP TENSO japanese buying service is awful. What can I say about them is only they are fraud scammers. I received damaged items I bought on Yahoo auction using their service, they haven't provided any additional packaging besides seller's one, however I paid them for additional protective packaging. Also they damaged my item during consolidation, sent it to me in such condition. When I asked them for partial refund they claimed that I have not proved their fault.
                            So, I DO NOT RECOMMEND using their service to anyone!

Comment

I've used buyee a few times, meanly for smaller items never had any problems with them really.

Comment

Working...
                              X