Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus Christ

I just want the Shenmue 2

So 95% of that is bordered non optimised 50hz stuff right?

Comment

That is some collection indeed.

Comment

Out of interest, numerically, how many games is that? I'm interested in the average price per game, out of curiosity.

Comment

Mega Drive - 531
          Master System - 268
          Dreamcast - 216
          Saturn - 239
          Game Gear - 195
          Mega CD - 95
          32x - 26
          32x CD - 4
          Pico - 2
          SC3000/SG1000 - 68 cart + 29 card (but this didn't get a PAL release?)

= 1673

He's on RetroCollect and has made it clear he doesn't expect $150k and is now even considering breaking it up.

Comment

Hmm, his collection is in our latest issue. I feel used...

Comment

That suggests each game costs ?90. Even with a fair few genuine rarities, there's no way that collection commands that kind of value.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                Hmm, his collection is in our latest issue. I feel used...
                I wonder if he changes the eBay description to reflect this once the issue is out.

Comment

I'd be interested to know how much he actually spent acquiring all these games...

Comment

CCTV needed to guard a room full of old games.

Comment

A room with 100+ EA sports titles.

Comment

Originally posted by The Moleman View Post
                        Mega Drive - 531
                        Master System - 268
                        Dreamcast - 216
                        Saturn - 239
                        Game Gear - 195
                        Mega CD - 95
                        32x - 26
                        32x CD - 4
                        Pico - 2
                        SC3000/SG1000 - 68 cart + 29 card (but this didn't get a PAL release?)

= 1673

He's on RetroCollect and has made it clear he doesn't expect $150k and is now even considering breaking it up.
                        Another retro collect troll, who sells their games once they get bored of it, with a unrealistic fishing price.

The real value is between ?30,000 to ?60,000, I'd say as while there may be the odd game worth ?1000, most of the pricey ones are ?100-?300 tops and there aren't that many of them the rest range from ?0.99 to ?50 at best, pending condition.

If he only has 216 Dreamcast games then he's missing "Sega Swirl" and the "Flistones promotional release" he would also be missing the major variate on another game. No case variates on the Saturn games either.

I would hope all those Mega CD games, come with their European Spine card otherwise none of them are complete.
                        Last edited by S3M; 27-02-2015, 11:17.

Comment

There isn't a list of what's for sale, only the description of 'Every PAL Sega game' and all the photos are just the games on the shelves bar a few. I'm 'friends' with him on RC but his game collection is set to 'private' so I don't actually know what he's selling.

What's a Retro Collect Troll?

Comment

he is on AV forums, seen that collection before, but he did said he was selling it off, but at 150k he's having a laugh! or wanting to pay off his mortgage.!

i would say 30k is a more realistic price.

Comment

Well he's got his publicity and willy waving. Unless he's under pressure to sell from the missus or something he won't sell it or will only get less than a third of what he's asking.

Comment

Working...
                              X