Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Balders Gate: Dark Alliance - XBOX or PS2 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balders Gate: Dark Alliance - XBOX or PS2 ??

Im desperatly trying to get my GF to play a co-op game with me (she hates games!), and understand that this is quite a good one?

Anyone played both PS2 and Xbox versions? Is one better than the other? I can get the PS2 considerably cheaper than the newly released xbox version?

Thanks!

I've played both, and to be honest there isn't that much difference. If you can get the PS2 version loads cheaper, I'd go for that.

Comment

I wouldn't recommend BG to get the mrs into games though. As soon as she sees the bar maid in the opening sequence, she'll call you a sexist pig or just plain laugh at you for being into some sad boob-obsessed geek culture (not that you are, but BG gives that impression iyswim)

Comment

I can't answer your original question, as I've only played the PS2 version, but I just wanted to address the point above. Don't let this comment put you off (it's a fair point, but it's an isolated incident, I wouldn't say the game is sexist at all) - Dark Alliance is the best co-op game I've ever had the pleasure to experience, and my girlfriend was a huge fan too.

Comment

I played BG - Dark Alliance on PS2 Co-op with the Missus. We enjoyed every minute, and she seemed to think it more funny that me and her brother couldn't stop staring at the barmaid bouncing around in the opening scenes.

Ace game, takes ages to play and a heap of fun... just make sure you share the things you pick up (money and weapons), I got into trouble for being greedy!

Comment

I played the slightly crappier GameCube version with a friend, still great fun, a classic dungeon crawler! We used to play Diablo over the LAN and loved that, but eventually it got boring and this is pretty close to how we enjoyed that game in the earlier days.

Also we had a pretty good laugh as we soon discovered jumping was way faster than normal walking, so we were jumping about all the levels and looking completely stupid

Comment

HMV have PS2 BG in their '2 games for 30 pounds' at the moment. Some good titles in there as well.

Comment

Working...
              X