Awesome 80's theme Japanese room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome 80's theme Japanese room

While randomly browsing youtube i found this, some Japanese person has gone all nostalgic and themed their room to the 80's, i absolutely love the design and all the little details in there. The famicom cart display is really nicely done, also love the cases full of retro stuff like old issues of corocoro and the kinnikuman gashapon figures along with some bikkuriman stickers. Also the cupboard suprised me, just when i thought the room couldn't get any better.

I know some people do retro gaming themes for their rooms but usually western stuff seeing a Japanese take on it is rather refreshing.

Updated video for 2014

Thought you folks might like to see.

It's like the bedroom I wished I had had as a kid. Love everything about it. Maybe I will style a room like it at some point, but with a focus on 16-bit gaming, so it'll be a mix of 80s & 90s.

Thanks, importaku

Comment

Most of the anime stuff goes over my head and the guy has 90s consoles and clearly an early 00s television but that aside a nice effort!

Comment

Yeah it's not super authentic as there's newer consoles in there too but it still gives off a nice retro feel, it's so bright clean and airy. It looks very inviting, considering the size of it there's quite a bit packed into such a small room and all beautifully displayed.

Comment

I prefer his room as it was in the 2013 video. Less stuff, more minimalistic. It still looks great regardless though.

Comment

Working...
          X