Skycurser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skycurser

""SKYCURSER" is a horizontal, meat-on-metal, shoot ?em up (shmup) that is in active development for JAMMA compatible arcade cabinets. Strong influences on the game include Id Software's Doom, Nazca's Metal Slug, Namco's Splatterhouse, James Cameron's The Terminator and Michael Jackson's Thriller. In this game, a lone pilot in a one of a kind airplane battles humans, animals, and machines infected by a plague-like disease emitted from a star. The goal of the pilot is to survive waves of enemies by ?bursting? them open in spectacularly gory fashion with a brutal yet practical arsenal of weapons - machine gun, shotgun and katana blade. In order to progress the storyline, the pilot must remain untouched by enemy objects. The game ends either by the death of the pilot or destroying the source of the infection."

Looks interesting even if the player sprite is a bit on the large side. What platform is this running on? I understand it is for JAMMA cabs but what's powering it? I'm guessing some kind of FPGA setup.

Comment

looks good but judging from my last visit to a arcade i imagine the only people who will get to play it own a jamma set up

Comment

Looks like BioMetal on the SNES.

The player sprite is far too big. Apart from that, it looks nice. It's weird that it's JAMMA only.

Comment

All seems squashed on the screen.. Ditto for the player sprite size.

Comment

Working...
          X