Anyone play or played the Spyro games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone play or played the Spyro games?

Nobody replied when I posted on rllmuk, but I'm sure someone here will have played them.

Anyone play the Spyro games or did you play them in the past?

I loved the first two on PlayStation. Picked them up on PSN but they haven't aged very well. The environments look very empty and the controls are difficult if you are used to modern games.

I'd be especially interested if you have played the GBA games. How are they?

The GBA games are much worse.

Comment

One of the GBA games was OK. It was the side scrolling platformer. Easy, but enjoyable.

Comment

Thought I might be able to help, but have never touched the GBA ones. Sorry.

Comment

This is for general chat about the tiny purple dragon as well. Which games did you play, fuse?

Seems he doesn't get much love on any forum.

Comment

It's a bit of a haze in my memory right now but I definitely played the first, and I *think* the second. They were pretty enjoyable from what I remember; not going to set anyone's worlds on fire, but better than most 3D platformers at the time. I seem to remember the third being pretty poor, though.

Comment

The third one had the skateboarding. Jumped the shark (possibly literally).

Not sure if they'd be worth returning to these days, much like Croc.

Comment

They're way better than Croc...

I'm sure I can stand to play one now, but I'd rather put on Crash. The controls kinda sucked too.

Comment

I returned to Crash 2 recently (which I remembered as my favourite) but found it a bit underwhelming.

Comment

I was playing 1 again recently and loved it! Haha

Comment

Maybe I need to play 1 then. Is it as hard as I remember?

Comment

I've only ever played the very first one. At the time, I thought it was really great!

It had unlockables for burning things around the levels and finishing the last boss without taking damage.

Comment

Working...
                        X