Shocking Retro Gaming Bargains!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocking Retro Gaming Bargains!

We've got the shocking ebay prices thread with scumbag scalpers trying to sell stuff at crazy prices but I thought it would be nice to talk about gaming bargains that we find as well. For me the most recent one was finding a PSOne console plus official screen for 980 yen, the system and screen are in perfect working order with only a couple of minor scratches on the system. In comparison in Akihabara this combo usually goes for over 10,000 yen, one of the good points of living in the countryside

Nice! And good new topic.

My most recent bargain was a free PSOne with FFVII, Gran Turismo and V-Rally (from freecycle) and a free Sony 14" trinitron.

Comment

Buying 4 debug PS2, selling on the 3 PAL units and being left ?30 up with an NTSC-U unit? Fine with posting this here as I still sold them on for more than reasonable prices.

Feel like this is a brag thread and I probably do enough of that as it is... Haha
      Last edited by speedlolita; 06-07-2015, 15:09.

Comment

Bring given a copy of Final Fantasy Tactics when it was selling for ?150.

Comment

When was that?

Comment

Probsbly before you were born!

Comment

Oh ha ha.

Comment

Funnily enough I bought a copy for a tenner, many years ago, and managed to sell it for about ?90. Early days of eBay.

Comment

Yeah it was around 1998/99 ish. Can't remember exactly. The disc was marked and the guy said if I can fix it I can have it.

Comment

Not sure if this qualifies but picked up a complete copy of Vampire Killer a couple of years back off of eBay for the JP Megadrive for ?40, see it goes for over ?300 now - shame I sold the bloody thing!

Also picked up a suicide-free Marvel Superheroes CPS2 board-set for ?50 - pretty tasty I reckon. Paid the same price for a mint condition, boxed Mega-CD 2 when CEX in Tottenham Ct Road got rid of a lot of their retro gear; they even left Final Fight CD in the tray!

As per the OP Ghost most of my purchases qualify for this thread when I lived in rural Japan, near Oita - far cheaper than the big cities
                    Last edited by Escape-To-88; 06-07-2015, 19:28.
                    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

JP SF Collection on Saturn went from ?20 to ?2 during the CeX retro sell-off. When the guy scanned it the price showed up as 0.00 so he put it through like that and said "here ya go!"

Also, SF Zero 2 SNES sealed for a fiver.

I bought a Donkey Kong 3 LCD for ?1.80 at a car boot when I was ten and sold it a year or so later for ?4. Over 100% profit but if I'd held onto it maybe someone would've eventually posted about it in the shocking prices thread

Comment

My only claim in this thread is being given an Atari Lynx (first version) and six unboxed games, all in used condition but the neighbour was going to bin it and asked if I wanted it instead. Probably worth thirty or forty quid all in I guess.

EDIT, should add this was only about nine months ago.
                        Last edited by VR46; 07-07-2015, 07:56.

Comment

Nice work by the CEX guy there!

More recently some SFC bargains although perhaps not shocking. Best being a CIB Super Mario Collection for ?3.

Comment

Guy on freecycle gave me something called a cps changer. Dunno what it is, never even taken it out of its sealed box lol.

Comment

Neo Geo AES for ?20 back in about 1995. Also got a boxed Cyberlip for a fiver.

Another time I got an RGB modded PC Engine with Neutopia for a fiver from my local car boot.

Comment

Working...
                              X