Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consumer CRT TV's

Any Crt's in either 17" or 19"
    14" is a bit too small and 21" is too big.
    17" would be ideal.
    Thanks.

You're pretty much describing consumer grade PC displays. Might be an option with a scaler like an XRGB 1/2/2+/3 mind.

Comment

Here is a picture to give you an idea on how limited I am for space...although...I might just get a 21" again....
      I'm obv going to put the LCD TV to one side and bring it out for normal TV (usually sports when needed)

Comment

We pretty much all know how massive a 21" Trinitron is, but, i'll never forget how good the image is...
        Its sucking me in....
        Last edited by ShadowDancer; 08-07-2015, 21:04.

Comment

Get a 20" PVM, sit your LCD on top. Problem solved.

Comment

If I do, will my famicom play on that speedy....if I get one, would you be able to give me advice on what cables I need please.
            At the moment, it would be for, Famicom, FDS and Japanese Saturn....

Comment

buy Sony PVM PVM2950Q PVM20M2MDE Monitor Converter BNC to Female SCART

All you would need, you could use the Fami with a SCART block, or use a RCA->BNC plug (I recently got 4 on eBay for ?2) to plug the Famicom into the line input of the PVM.

Comment

Speedy, i'll read about this, thank you man. Looking at the cable, I get the impression that covers me for lots of things...

Comment

I do have a question....someone on another forum has some monitors, I've spoken to him before, some only do composite, which I understand is good on these monitors...would I just be better off going RGB from the start though......

EDIT, when I spoke the guy (nice man too) about a week ago, this is the reply I got

"I have plenty left! I need to do another new sale post actually. I have a number of 13" Sony PVMs (RGB), quite a few JVC 14" and 15" (not RGB but do have S-video - still awesome pictures!), I have maybe one JVC 17" left (not RGB, same as the 14"/15" that has burn (noticeable when off but not really when it's on), possibly one Ikegami 20", and one JVc 10" (not RGB)"
                  Last edited by ShadowDancer; 08-07-2015, 21:45.

Comment

The Ikegami might be nice, if you want that kind of size. PVM tend to be either S-VHS/composite or RGB/composite... Or RGB/component/s-vhs/composite like mine.

Comment

I have an Ikegami and a JVC broadcast monitor. I use the JVC with my AV Fami via composite using the type of adaptor Speedy mentioned. Lovely picture that way. I also use it with my 3DO FZ-10 via s-video and again the picture is cracking. You might be able to get an RGB / component input board for the JVC depending on which model it is.
                      The Ikegami is my monitor for systems with RGB output. The picture is fantastic, right up there with my BVM.

Comment

I have a 20" Trinitron you can have for free Fancy a drive to Wembley?

Comment

I don't drive! Thank you tho

Comment

CMcK please can i see more pics of your dispays? ta

Comment

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Here's an old one.

Comment

Working...
                              X