Best cables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best cables?

Got a projector with s video, vga and composite inputs. Supposedly component too but the wii was having none of it so maybe broken.

What's the best cables for a pal ps1, pal gamecube, and a.pal wii? The.s video out.of the dc works really well. Can the above consoles output s video? Thanks!

The PS1 and Cube can, I think the Wii can too. Generally in Europe, we got RGB instead of component.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Your DC should be outputting vga. The image is stunning.

Comment

I'm only getting red.and.Green from the vga. Not the official cable. Need.to try into another vga monitor to see where the fault lies

Comment

RGB cables into an XRGB device.

Comment

Too expensive for my little setup. If I was going to buy one of those of hook it all up to the 63" plasma.

Comment

The majority of his consoles are 480i and 480p, for that I would recommend an other upscaler rather than the Mini; wonderful for 240p, but if you focus on 480, there are better solutions.

Comment

Ps official s video cables are 3 quid. Nice. 3rd party wii ones 3.50 Hopefully the image quality will match the dreamcast s video; I'll be very happy if they do.

Comment

Just to echo others, do get the DC working over VGA for progressive output - it's well worth it. You might need a new cable, the first party ones are mega expensive but third party are fine.

With the Wii, try plugging it into another TV and enabling EDTV in the settings, then connecting it to the PJ. Worth a go.

Briareos, what are the best solutions for upscaling 480 incidentally?

Comment

The Crystalio II, but it's kinda pricey, more than twice a XRGB Mini. Or the DVDO Edge I still have to sell ;P
                    If you don't have the patience to manage multiple upscalers, or the money to buy multiple units, the Mini is the best "fits all" solution.

Comment

the mini is amazing; well worth the coin

goodbye crt!

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                        the mini is amazing; well worth the coin

goodbye crt!
                        That's a shocking claim, mate! You used to be the king of the tubes! Well myself, Howielee and Jamesy anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          Got a projector with s video, vga and composite inputs. Supposedly component too but the wii was having none of it so maybe broken.

What's the best cables for a pal ps1, pal gamecube, and a.pal wii? The.s video out.of the dc works really well. Can the above consoles output s video? Thanks!
                          Best output for the PAL PS1 on your setup would be the S-video lead. For the PAL Gamecube it is composite only I'm afraid as both S-video and component support was removed from all PAL console units, unless you can do RGB Scart some how.

Dreamcast go for S-Video if you can't do VGA the upside with S-Video is all games will work with it as not all games support VGA which someone should have mentioned. Try another DC box otherwise your projector's VGA port might have problems

Wii should be component it does support composite and it appears there are also S-video leads for Wii but I've never used one with a Wii.

Ideally you want RGB for the PS1 and Gamecube but without a scart port you'll need an external device like the others have mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by thetrooper View Post
                            That's a shocking claim, mate! You used to be the king of the tubes! Well myself, Howielee and Jamesy anyway.
                            the 29" beast is gone.....long live the framemeister!

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                              the 29" beast is gone.....long live the framemeister!
                              Nice one!

Comment

Working...
                              X