Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro Games you have 1CC or 1 lifed since today! (11/08/2015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Games you have 1CC or 1 lifed since today! (11/08/2015)

Rather than another list of games we've beaten since time began, be nice to see what games you do with the ultimate 1 Credit Clear or even one man.

Rules, default game setting, if played on a higher difficulty, state that. Game title and system and final score.

I've nothing to add at the time of posting this, but, hopefully i'll add to this as we go along.

Pictures always nice, if it is possible to snap a completion screen or high score. (or anything in-game)

Last edited by ShadowDancer; 11-08-2015, 21:24.

Third Strike on 8/8 difficulty, 990512 arcade.

Only lost a round to Gill.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Contra hard corps on megadrive. 1 credit. The enemy patterns are printed on my brain at this point!

Comment

That game is amazing!!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            That game is amazing!!
            What? Contra Hard corps? It ****ing is as well. It's definitely the best contra game in my opinion. Its one of those games that never gets old. I've completed it about once a month since I first bought it in 1994.

Its the only contra game with branching paths and the weapon system is amazing. I read somewhere that treasure had something to do with it but were never officially credited for it?

Comment

Working on Slug 1. I hope to post a screen shot here in a couple of weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                Working on Slug 1. I hope to post a screen shot here in a couple of weeks
                MS1 is not that hard to do, done it many times, but it's great fun and has the perfect balance in difficulty and learning.

Been trying to one life clear it with the pistol only for years now on the Saturn, but always get killed on mission six.

The later Metal Slug are just badly designed however, me and my brother have 1CC Metal Slug 3, but it was one of the most unfun things I have ever done, too much luck needed on that one and the game is overly long on the last stage. You have to know every last inch of the third game on top of taking the shortest route.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                  MS1 is not that hard to do, done it many times, but it's great fun and has the perfect balance in difficulty and learning.

Been trying to one life clear it with the pistol only for years now on the Saturn, but always get killed on mission six.

The later Metal Slug are just badly designed however, me and my brother have 1CC Metal Slug 3, but it was one of the most unfun things I have ever done, too much luck needed on that one and the game is overly long on the last stage. You have to know every last inch of the third game on top of taking the shortest route.
                  I don't even know how that's possible in regards to MS3! I find the metal slug games really difficult dues to the firing line being really regid. on games like contra, you can mix up the weapons and you feel like you can get the edge but metal slug seems a stiff to me. I might go back to metal slug 1 and give it another go

Comment

Originally posted by boxhead View Post
                    I don't even know how that's possible in regards to MS3! I find the metal slug games really difficult dues to the firing line being really regid. on games like contra, you can mix up the weapons and you feel like you can get the edge but metal slug seems a stiff to me. I might go back to metal slug 1 and give it another go
                    I didn't think MS3 was possible either, but it is just about as long as you use a few tip and tricks, such as moving slowly to spawn enemies slower. There are a few bits you just have to cross your fingers at, last boss battle you have to abuse the invincible frames as you jump out of the tank. His bullet patterns are random so if you don't do this you usually get at least one pattern that can't be avoided in the fight.

The design in third game is rubbish, it's not a patch on the first or second game in the series which are much better in that aspect. That said MS2 has a nasty difficulty spike at the end of mission 5 just before the boss in the subway tunnel, it's the part with the exploding mutants.

Took like two months of practice to do and there was two of us doing it, wouldn't want to solo it, horrible outing in the series but far from the worse. Did it once and never again, did it purely for the 360 achievement.

Speaking of Contra I have 1CC both the first and second arcade games, good fun.
                    Last edited by S3M; 13-08-2015, 15:20.

Comment

Originally posted by boxhead View Post
                      What? Contra Hard corps? It ****ing is as well. It's definitely the best contra game in my opinion. Its one of those games that never gets old. I've completed it about once a month since I first bought it in 1994.

Its the only contra game with branching paths and the weapon system is amazing. I read somewhere that treasure had something to do with it but were never officially credited for it?
                      Could be true. It's incredible. So much going on but supremely fairly designed. It's run and gun perfection.

Comment

The thing I really liked about MS1 is that most of the non vehicular enemies are 1 hit kills (iirc) 2 and 3, while awesome, have the aliens and zombies which take more. 1 - 3 are excellent though.

Unfortunately that's all I have to contribute to the 1CC thread for now

Comment

Any Street fighter game, pretty much.

Finished anniversary edition in 4 Quarters Peckham yesterday as well. Bison was tricky but 1 CC.

Comment

Grrr trying to 1CC Shadow Dancer on Mega Drive (which really isn't that hard, or at least I used to have no trouble!)
                            Got to final Boss losing just one man....and through away the chance...damn!
                            Had a massive Mega Drive session yesterday though, about 10 hours of gaming, was brilliant!

Comment

My one and only!

Completed P.N.03 on Hard mode with no continues. Yep, I saved 13 times but honest to god, I never used a save file. I loved that game.

Comment

Working...
                              X