Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DMG-01 Backlight plus Hex inverter mod , worth doing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMG-01 Backlight plus Hex inverter mod , worth doing ?

Hi

Im debating if i should do this mod or not , is it worth it ? im worried im going to destroy my gameboy lol , peeling the screens film off and cleaning is the bit im most bothered about

I take it the solder job is not overly difficult

Cheers
    Trev

If you intend to play it in poorly lit situations, or at night sure. Otherwise, not really.

Comment

The screenshots ive seen of yours and mmmonkeys look really good though.

Did you find it easy ?

Comment

What an excellent looking mod, using the white LEDs gives it such a nice finish. Tempted to buy a GB just to mod it now.

Comment

Wow, I had no idea you could mod Game Boys in this way. Can you do the Pocket in this manner too? I love the Game Boy Pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by trev1976 View Post
            The screenshots ive seen of yours and mmmonkeys look really good though.

Did you find it easy ?
            It wasn't exactly difficult. I've done a couple now too.

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Wow, I had no idea you could mod Game Boys in this way. Can you do the Pocket in this manner too? I love the Game Boy Pocket.
            You can but erm...

Nintendo already did it for you! And the Light accepts 2x AA rather than the abysmal 2x AAA of the Pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              Nintendo already did it for you! And the Light accepts 2x AA rather than the abysmal 2x AAA of the Pocket.
              I'm aware of the Game Boy Light

Still, the GBL uses indiglo-style lighting and costs a ton. I imagine a modded Pocket would be better.

Comment

The coverage of the third party solutions pales in comparison to the Light in my opinion. I'm really quite OCD, so it used to bother me.

Comment

Are those GB lights expensive then ?

Comment

The coverage of the third party solutions pales in comparison to the Light in my opinion. I'm really quite OCD, so it used to bother me.
                    Hmm. Admittedly I've only ever seen the Light in photographs.

Comment

Originally posted by trev1976 View Post
                      Are those GB lights expensive then ?
                      They can be.

Comment

Ha, any excuse!

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Well I finally got my DMG modded , I bought the parts via the link on mmmonkeys site and ebay. I wasnt confident doing the mod myself so sent it to shaun at gameboy mods uk , well ive got it back and the mod looks fantastic it really makes a big difference but there is a slight problem, it has a small dark mark/smudge in the middle of the screen which gets worse the darker I make the contrast which is really annoying.

Ive tried emailing shaun but havnt got a reply , does it sound sortable ? Or does the screen sound borked

Cheers

Comment

Sounds like a LACK OF CARE on the modders part. Some people should have more pride in their work.

Comment

Working...
                              X