Jpn Saturn Recommendation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jpn Saturn Recommendation...

Please could you recommend a Decent/Fun Japanese Sega Saturn Game up to ?20.
    Any genre except a Japanese RPG or a text heavy game.

I want to buy a game for my Saturn..

All I have for it so far are VFII and Sega rally!

I wont list what I have played before in-case I fancy it again regardless...

Been playing so much on MD, Famicom and Jpn PS2..I want to give my Saturn some Love.

Thank You! (?20 or thereabouts is fine...)

Digital Pinball: Necronomicon
    Astal

Have you not played Panzer Dragoon 1 or 2? Great games, very cheap.

Comment

I've never played anything in the Panzer Dragoon series (for shame)

I've completed Astal a few times before though....never played the pinball game either...

Comment

Do you like Starfox? For me, Panzer Dragoon is like the Sega answer to that, but with (arguably) a more interesting and visually arresting world. You can't have a Saturn with Panzer Dragoon games! I recommend using the 3D controller though.

Panzer Dragoon Saga is just a normal game in Japan (compared with the expensive rarity that it is outside Japan), but of course as an RPG, you probably won't want to take advantage of that. Still need a PAL copy for myself...

Comment

The only Starfox game I've played is the one on the gamecube and I didn't really enjoy it that much....

I've heard of Panzer Dragoon Saga on PAL Saturn many times and known it to go over a ?100 way back..i'm guessing that may of gone even higher now...

May as well ask...what is the best way to play US games on a JPN Saturn...been looking at a few working designs RPG's that look interesting...

Comment

Guardian Heroes is a good scrolling beat 'em up. Not a fave of mine, but lots of people love it.

Bomberman on the Saturn is a must-have imo. Well.. if you enjoy Bomberman.

Golden Axe: The Duel is quite a good fighter. Some people think it's a bad game, but I like the graphics and enjoy playing it.

Decathlete is a really good Track & Field sort of game with excellent graphics.

Layer Section is a nice shooter with very good graphics and catchy music.

I think all of the above are under ?20.
            Last edited by Leon Retro; 11-09-2015, 15:15.

Comment

Deffo Panzer Dragoon 1 & 2. Amazingly fantastical in all ways.

Wow just seen how much PAL Panzer Dragoon Saga is going for now, i think mine sold for around ?90 in 2008. Fek.
              Last edited by Baseley09; 11-09-2015, 15:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post

Wow just seen how much PAL Panzer Dragoon Saga is going for now, i think mine sold for around ?90 in 2008. Fek.
                It'll be on the Channel 4 show 'Four Rooms' in a few years, with someone trying to sell it to a dealer for ?5000.

Comment

Digital Pinball: Necronomicon
                  Panzer Dragoon 1 or 2
                  Layer Section

Excellent choices - some of my favourite Saturn games and all cheap - you could get Panzer Dragoon 1 & 2 for about 20.

Even cheaper here

My other recommendation, if you don't already have it is Street Fighter Zero 2. Again, it's always cheap. You might also be able to grab Street Fighter Collection instead for under 20. You get SSFII as well then.

Also, I have puyo puyo 2 you could have for postage.
                  Last edited by acidbearboy; 11-09-2015, 22:58.

Comment

Panzer Dragoon has a real magic to it, still looks beautiful & the music's ace

Comment

Vampire Savior + the RAM cart can be had for ?20 I reckon (maybe ?25!)

Comment

There's one on the 'bay now! Amazing game

Last edited by roachie; 12-09-2015, 00:30.

Comment

Get A.D. 1999: Pharaoh's Revival the best FPS ever made and a game with Mario IV level design perfection.

The likes of Die Hard Arcade, Decathlete, AMOK are great cheap fun too . Try and get Souky as well

Comment

A couple there that I never even have heard off. Thank you gentleman :-)
                            One game I've been meaning to play for about a decade is Prikura Daisakusen, this is quite out the ?20 bracket for the time being....

Many Language issues/barriers with the Japanese Version of Panzeer? I watched videos years ago for this, and at the time, I decided it wasn't for me, but, I'm much more open minded about games now. Although...I still don't care for mech games.

Comment

No not really at all to play it, they flesh out a story more in PD2 but it wouldn't detract from enjoying the amazing game.

Comment

Working...
                              X