Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JPN PS2 v JPN PS3 with BC

Hi guys

Just a quick question, I've been on the hunt for a JPN PS3, 60GB version that can play PS2 games.

I would like to play some of the newer games I've picked up recently, but my own chipped PS2 is knackered.

I thought the easiest solution would be to find a JPN PS3 that has BC, however, no luck so far. But then I thought, the only reason I want the JPN PS3 is due to ease of it being able to be connected via HDMI through the current screens I have.

I know this may have it's own issues with colour distortion, lag...but would a JPN PS2 via component cables\RGB be better?

Cheers

Jassi

It depends on the display you will be using. Nothing else.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I would go PS2 myself. PS3 BC isn't perfect and it looks fairly naff via HDMI too.

Comment

PS2 for sure. Those launch PS3's aren't exactly the most reliable consoles.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

At the moment I will be playing the games via HDMI on a LCD Monitor\TV. Will be sorting out space for a CRT set up in the future but not straight away.

My LCD TV has component\Scart on it as well and I booted up the PS2 that I currently have and everything worked fine. As I'm here, this may not be recommended but what problems or issues might this set up cause, or is just a "purist" no-no thing? Cheers.

Couldn't test anything on it as it seems that the disc tray has gotten stuck. Opened it up yesterday, couldn't see any reason for it sticking, but I believe the white nub at the front of the console wasn't aligned under the track of the tray, so will give that a go tonight to see if that let's me eject\close.

Also...feel free to message me if you have a JPN PS2 for sale. ;P

Comment

Japanese PS2 because even a launch edition Japanese PS3 has lag when playing NTSC JP games on it. Minimal (1-2 frames) but if you are sensitive to it you can feel it.

Comment

I have a SCPH-10000 in tip top condition, with maybe the fastest booting laser of any machine I've used that I could part with.

Only issue is, I don't have the utility disc, so you wouldn't be able to play DVDs on it.

If you're interested shoot me a PM though, I wouldn't want too much for it as it is surplus to my needs.

Comment

Working...
              X