flashcart (sort of ) for the Playstation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flashcart (sort of ) for the Playstation

PSIO is simply a cartridge that plugs into your PlayStation 1's Parallel I/O Port (PIO). It will then let you play your software from an SD card on the conso...

With lasers wearing out, this sort of thing will be very useful. It would be good if we end up with versions for all sorts of CD consoles over the past 20 years. I hope the developer of this PS1 device gets it working perfectly at a reasonable price.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 11-11-2015, 09:57.

Comment

there is one already for the Dreamcast, this one is priced at 150AUD, so around ?75/80.

compatibility seems quite good, only a handful of games found so far don't work.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
        there is one already for the Dreamcast, this one is priced at 150AUD, so around ?75/80.

compatibility seems quite good, only a handful of games found so far don't work.
        How does that work? Does it plug into the DC's modem port or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Replaces the GD-ROM drive.

Comment

I would take one of those in a flash * sorry for the pun*

Comment

These optical drive replacement systems for the CD based systems do sound really useful. Burning, labelling and storing discs is a pain!

Comment

I haven't used backups in years...

Comment

Sounds good to me. The drive on my PS1 is shot.

Comment

That Dreamcast one needs to come back in stock mine drowns out the game noise its too annoying to turn on!

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      best thing about this one, is that there is no soldering required.

Heres a video showing the fantastic GDEMU device, broken GD-ROM Drive broken no need to worry anymore!GDmenuhttp://www.mediafire.com/download/nf7vlfhw5c4nn2s...

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        I haven't used backups in years...
                        I don't like to limit myself to what's affordable when it comes to retro - no desire to stump up ?100+ for a Panzer Dragoon Saga or Harmful Park. I also prefer original hardware to emulation...so burning discs it is!

Apart from PS2 era games, which can all be run off HDD on original hardware thankfully.

Comment

Wow, how much is that Dreamcast setup? I may just do that - especially if it really is solder-free.
                          Last edited by Asura; 11-11-2015, 14:27.

Comment

The unit thing is like 100 euros?

@wakka: Oh I know. I did that all years ago though. Luckily I don't care about expensive games at all, largely. So um, I'll happily go without after all my sampling.

Comment

are these widely available? My ps1 collection is huge and i'd gladly sell the lot if i could run games of an SD card

Comment

Working...
                              X