Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended TV's for older consoles

Hello all,

my Sony Trinitron 25" has finally given up the ghost today so I am now looking for a decent replacement for it. So thought I would ask for some help please.

What would you recommend is suitable for the older consoles from Nes to Dreamcast?

Should I just look for another Trinitron? avoid widescreen CRT TV's?

Would something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/sony-trini...sAAOSwhcJWPfWm be any good?
    Last edited by qupe; 02-12-2015, 20:43.

We've all had to play 4:3 games on a wide screen at one point due to tv upgrades/no room etc. But if you have the choice there really is no excuse just avoid like the plague!

Can't go far wrong with trinitrons or b&o if feeling exotic. Trinity ons tend to have plenty of inputs which is handy for the odd composite/svideo only system.

Comment

If you have the space for a CRT you really should buy a broadcast monitor like a Sony BVM or PVM. Panasonic, Ikegami and JVC also make good quality professional screens.
      If you want the best of the best for a 4:3 50 / 60 Hz CRT TV have a look for a E3000 or E3001 Loewe TV such as the Calida model.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
        We've all had to play 4:3 games on a wide screen at one point due to tv upgrades/no room etc. But if you have the choice there really is no excuse just avoid like the plague!
        I moved in with the GF in April and have finally got round to setting things up and the TV goes boom after 15 years Loved my trinitron.

Comment

Go pro or go home.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            If you have the space for a CRT you really should buy a broadcast monitor like a Sony BVM or PVM. Panasonic, Ikegami and JVC also make good quality professional screens.
            Just pray for postage or that you can collect from an area that isn't a populated city. This bandwagon isn't slowing down, sadly.

Comment

Just picked up another trinitron for free off Gumtree. Bloke was gonna take it to the tip tomorrow. Chuffed

Comment

Working...
              X