RGB Scart Lead for Gamecube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RGB Scart Lead for Gamecube

Would anyone happen to know where I can get a decent rgb scart cable for the Gamecube (i have both Pal and Jap machines)? The picture looks very faded on both, but i don't fancy having to fork out the 50 or 60 quid that the official Nintendo cables are going for on ebay

Yo.

Comment

Alternatively: http://consolegoods.co.uk/

Only has them for PAL GameCube's though.

Comment

NTSC Cubes won't do RGB natively, they got component instead. So you need a hack job cable for it, which runs expensive like the official component cables.
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Thanks again for your help folks

Comment

You need an official Nintendo RGB cable for the PAL GC. Otherwise I think the display will suffer considerably, 3rd party cables definitely a no no in this case. For the NTSC cube, one of Saurians RGB cables (if you can find one is a good option) I'm no expert on cables, just my experience with the GC.

Comment

Originally posted by baad bwoy View Post
              You need an official Nintendo RGB cable for the PAL GC. Otherwise I think the display will suffer considerably, 3rd party cables definitely a no no in this case. For the NTSC cube, one of Saurians RGB cables (if you can find one is a good option) I'm no expert on cables, just my experience with the GC.
              A properly shielded cable should be fine for the Cube. The one I linked follows the exact design of the Official GameCube RGB SCART lead (DOL-013) apparently so it should be fine. You will only get RGB from the analog AV port of an PAL GameCube though.

As for Saurien's cable - it utilises the proprietary DAC that is required to get an analog RGB signal out of the Digital AV port on an NTSC (US or JP DOL-001) GameCube. That DAC comes in the now ridiculously expensive component or d-terminal cables.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                A properly shielded cable should be fine for the Cube. The one I linked follows the exact design of the Official GameCube RGB SCART lead (DOL-013) apparently so it should be fine. You will only get RGB from the analog AV port of an PAL GameCube though.

As for Saurien's cable - it utilises the proprietary DAC that is required to get an analog RGB signal out of the Digital AV port on an NTSC (US or JP DOL-001) GameCube. That DAC comes in the now ridiculously expensive component or d-terminal cables.
                Thats good info to know

Comment

Is there any difference in quality between PAL analog RGB and NTSC digital RGB?

Comment

I'd like to know this too, as I use a NTSC cube..

Comment

Originally posted by acidbearboy View Post
                      Is there any difference in quality between PAL analog RGB and NTSC digital RGB?
                      No... Because the DAC in the cable converts it from a digital signal to analog - making it the same.

Comment

Depends on the quality of the dac.

Comment

Consider that it is a proprietary Nintendo one. I mean, you could be right, but I would assume they would have made it to a standard.

I mean, that DAC is what makes the GameCube component video quality make the Wii component video quality look crappy. I've not done a side-by-side comparison though.

Comment

Cool, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              I've not done a side-by-side comparison though.
                              Did you post in this thread Speedo? - http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51450

It appears there is not a significant difference between GCN and Wii component as long as you use a decent Wii cable.

Comment

Working...
                              X