Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bluetooth/'recreated' ZX Spectrum - impartial opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bluetooth/'recreated' ZX Spectrum - impartial opinions?

It is impossible to find out much on the actual quality of this device, because of all the controversy surrounding its kick starter campaign. The thing did eventually make it to production, which I honestly never expected, but even now a lot of backers have not received their devices and there is a lot of talk about the different tier rewards being dropped/false promises etc.

I guess I am looking for the opinions of the lucky people who did not back the project, did not get it from Elite systems, just picked it up on Amazon or wherever and can discuss it without any of the (quite understandable) baggage that comes with being a backer.

Does it work? Is it like a real speccy? Even now the instructions seem massively convoluted, there are different function layers that have to be selected? The k/b must be unlocked online before it can be used? For gods sake why? It only works with the official Elite app (which has a piddly selection of games in it) in a certain layer mode or it works with any emulator correctly? I can't figure it all out.

(FWIW I was a backer, and pulled out hours before the goal was met when all the stuff about unpaid royalties kicked off.)
Working...
X