brand new crts on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brand new crts on ebay

Small flat screen with a dvd player built in; its not a trinitron, but a good opportunity to pick up a brand new crt as a spare for a low price - free delivery too

They apparently do 50/60hz and have an RGB scart socket - mines on the way so i'll post some impressions when i get it

i also have the service menu code ready for a geometry tweak ;-)

Quite cool if it can handle NTSC over the composite input that would be groovy also.

Comment

I'd prefer it in black, but it does look quite cool. I like pure flat screens, so that's a major plus point. I remember that Maxim made cheap DVD players back in the day. It's nice that it's stereo, as a lot of small screen CRTs were mono. Let's hope it does handle 60hz RGB.

Comment

Looks like a nice little telly. Would make a nice little tate setup i'm sure.

Comment

got this today and its certainly a decent set - not as good as a similar sized trinitron, but a decent back up. There are limited geometry tweaks available, but got it about 90% accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
            got this today and its certainly a decent set - not as good as a similar sized trinitron, but a decent back up. There are limited geometry tweaks available, but got it about 90% accurate.
            I didn't expect it to be as good as a Trinitron, but it sounds like it's a reasonable screen. I like the design of it, so it is tempting to buy one as a back up screen.

Comment

Got any pictures of it up and running?

Comment

Tempted to get one for the office, would be great to see some pics of it in action if you don't mind.

Comment

Its back in the box for storage, i'm afraid. Worth a punt though, for retro.

Comment

Guys, it's a no brand ****ty CRT from China. It's going to look like **** just like TV's of that nature looked like **** back in the day when you ran them next go a quality brand. Just because it's CRT doesn t mean it will have an amazing picture quality. CRT can be out of focus, have geometry issues when scrolling and weak colours. This is also tinny. You need at least a 24 inch CRT for gaming.

Comment

You NEED a 24''TV? Is that a prerequisite?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        Guys, it's a no brand ****ty CRT from China. It's going to look like **** just like TV's of that nature looked like **** back in the day when you ran them next go a quality brand. Just because it's CRT doesn t mean it will have an amazing picture quality. CRT can be out of focus, have geometry issues when scrolling and weak colours. This is also tinny. You need at least a 24 inch CRT for gaming.
                        How do you know? Have you seen this set running an RGB signal? Its not out of focus at all and the colours and sound are fine; a few geometry tweaks and it looks decent.

I use a 14" trinitron and have no problem gaming on it at all. I actually prefer the smaller size (coming from a 29", 4:3 trinitron). The image quality is stonking.

Comment

My PVM cost half what that cost.

Comment

Thought this might happen. The post was to let the community know about affordable NEW crts available (not that common these days, if i'm not mistaken) and it turns into a moaning match about quality and cost.......

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              My PVM cost half what that cost.
                              Yes, but does it play dvds ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X