Jap PS2 heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jap PS2 heaven

I just had a quick browse of the release schedules and it occurred to me just how many potentially superb games are due for release on the Jap PS2 in the next couple of months-

Dodonpachi Daioujou (April)
    Initial D (June)
    Metal Slug 3 (April)
    R-type final (June)
    Virtual on: Marz (June)
    Taiko No Tatsujin 2 (April)

I personally am most looking forward to Metal Slug 3 and Dodonpachi. I love the metal slug series, but although I own an AES I doubt I will ever buy any of the series on that format (for cost reasons). I havent played much dodonpachi, I have played it briefly on MAME. But many people speak of it reverently.....

Which of these is everyone else looking forward to the most? have i missed any?

Initial D without a shadow of a doubt.

the arcade game will bankrupt me, so anything that lets me practice for a one-off fee of ?40 has to be a good thing.

Comment

Next few months?

Gamecube has Joe, F-Zero and Sonic Adventure DX out in june/july. Nothing before then though.

Xbox has nothing until Dino Crisis 3.

You've got the PS2 notables covered there.

Comment

Initial D is the one.

I'm another to be feeling the unrelenting grip that the arcade version offers. Like Soul Calibur 2, I simply have to get the home version to prevent surefire bankruptcy.

I'm probably going to get DoDonPachi as well.

Comment

What's Initial D? Probably the first imminent release I haven't heard of for a while..

Comment

For PS2, the big ones are -

Dodonpachi Daioujou (April)
            Initial D (June)
            Metal Slug 3 (April)
            R-type final (June)

And GC - F-Zero & Viewtiful are my essential purchases

Comment

Originally posted by olly
              What's Initial D? Probably the first imminent release I haven't heard of for a while..
              Domain for Sale. SegaRosso.com. Request Price. What Are the Advantages of a Super Premium .Com Domain? Increased Traffic. Search Engine Ranking. Brand Recognition. Immediate Presence. Higher Profits. Great Investment. #1 in Premium Domains. 300,000 of the World's Best .Com Domains.

Probably the greatest racer to hit arcades for a while.

Probably best that you don't play it. YOu won't be able to stop (and the tunes don't leave your head once they're in there).

Comment

Note topic header guys 8)

Comment

It's a 1-on-1 battle racing game from Sega Rosso based on the Anime and Manga of the same name.

It's a great game for arcade racing fans and if you're a fan of the Anime like I am, then it truly is an absolutely religious experience.

The arcade version features a card system which lets you keep your car and all of the upgrades you've performed and carry it with you to be played at any site with an Initial D cabinet. I'll be looking forward to the Japanese students bringing their cards over in the summer - that's why I need to practice: I know they will absolutely annihilate my ass!

Running down Mt. Akina with Running in the 90's playing in the background with Takumi's AE86 Sprinter Trueno breathing down your neck at every turn is an experience somewhat akin to sex... But not quite...

Comment

Just as well I don't have a ps2 then, eh

Comment

Don't forget about King of the Fighters 2002, which I believe is out in June on Dreamcast. Not sure when the PS2 version is released though.

Initial D and Dodonpachi are the ones I'm particularly looking forward to though ^_^

Comment

Dodonpachi by a long long way 8)

Comment

Deffinitely a toss up between Metal Slug 3 and Dai-Ou-Jou.

Comment

Daioujou and Initial D (still never played this game ) are the ones that really interest me. I already have the 'proper' version of Metal Slug 3 .

Comment

I'm adding two with potential high fun factor:

DDRMAX2 Dance Dance Revolution 7th Mix
                              Red Dead Revolver

Then there is Gradius V, without date still?

Comment

Working...
                              X