Jap Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jap Games

Give me some quality Saturn and xbox (JAP) titles I should have in my collection. If you don't mind that is.......

Like shmups?

Comment

Radiant Silvergun. It may be obvious but it is a great game.

Comment

Ah Saturn games, now we're talking:

Batsugun
        Dodonpachi
        Strikers 1945 II
        Soukyugurentai (have a copy for sale)
        Gunbird
        Donpachi (have a copy for sale)
        Battle Garegga

I only play shooters on the Saturn those are the best of what I have played

Comment

Don't buy Donpachi and Dodonpachi, the PSone versions are far superior. Also Battle Garegga is way overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidez
            Don't buy Donpachi and Dodonpachi,
            But much harder to find - just because the PS1 version is superior does not mean someone should avoid the Saturn version - it is a great game whether the PS1 runs is slightly smoother or not.

Comment

Dodonpachi is the ****. Get it.
              And why oh why oh why didn't Cave do a console conversion of ESP Ra De is anyone's guess, but that's the **** too.

Comment

Don't buy Donpachi and Dodonpachi, the PSone versions are far superior. Also Battle Garegga is way overrated.
                But the Saturn version is Arcade perfect though.

Comment

I dont understand the hype surrounding Battle Garegga, It's OK....but not worth going out of your way to buy.

Saturn heavyness:
                  Panzer Dragoon Saga
                  Albert Odyessy
                  Dragon Force
                  Game Paradise (Game Tengoku)
                  Bomberman
                  Groove On Fight

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                    Game Paradise (Game Tengoku)

I picked up the box set of that - by far the most bizzare game i have ever seen/played and bloody difficult!

Comment

Originally posted by dgnr7982
                      Don't buy Donpachi and Dodonpachi,
                      But much harder to find - just because the PS1 version is superior does not mean someone should avoid the Saturn version - it is a great game whether the PS1 runs is slightly smoother or not.
                      PSone Donpachi is easy to find and only costs 1500Y brand new. Dodonpachi is not rare, it's hard to find though. There are usually a few being sold on yahoo auctions and they rarely pass the 7000Y mark.

Avoid the Saturn versions, why shell out for the blatently inferior?

Comment

Avoid the Saturn versions, why shell out for the blatently inferior?

Because this is a topic asking for Saturn games not PS1 games.

Comment

In which case he'd want the best games, not those that can found on other formats in superior form.

Also Strikers 1945 Part II is better on PSone and much cheaper also (1500Y).

Guardian Heroes
                          Street Fighter Zero 3
                          Layer Section

Comment

I haven't played PS1 versions but I am more then happy with the Saturn versions despite some slow down - Saturn has better controllers and my white and v-saturns just look miles better than a PS1.

Comment

If control is an issue then use an arcade stick.

The machine appearence justifies buying inferior shooter ports on Saturn?! Wtf. Spare us the system zealotry.

Comment

Working...
                              X