R-Type goodness...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R-Type goodness...

IREM have updated the generic R-Type homepage (this link doesn't work for MacOS X machines, go here instead).

For once they have covered every R-Type game that there bloody well is (even the MSX incarnation). Worth a gander.

First ever import game that I ever bought...

Proof that Japanese boxart (even for GameBoy games) severely rocks. I also found out that R-Type Delta has a soundtrack. So I have, naturally, ordered it.

One for the road (from the old R-Type site, that was so cool and I therefore archived it):

Roll on R-Type Final I say.

- EDIT -

Found funky stuff about "Armed Police Unit Gallop" (R-Type sidestory), have a gander:

I remember this one as my first

Comment

Originally posted by TommyG
      I remember this one as my first

I had always heard that Super R-Type was "stinky"?

Comment

Can wait for the new one! Is there a PC version? anyone got any links?

Comment

Yeah well i never completed it, so that says it all really.....

EDIT: Thinging about this it wasn't that i didn't want to finish it if i remember right it's because i couldn't :/

Comment

according to mame.dk the R-TYPE side story is known as cosmic cop everywhere else in the world, must check my mame collection to see if it's in there and give it a whirl.

The first r-type on the SNES was pretty poor but i enjoyed t-type 3 on the SNES a whole lot more really nice game...

Comment

Originally posted by Destrukticor
              must check my mame collection to see if it's in there and give it a whirl.
              Snap!

Comment

Gallop is an interesting game actually. It has the aesthetic style of R-Type II but the agressive game design of R-Type Leo (it was released between the two). It is also nice to see that the R-11B, the ship you pilot in Gallop, makes an appearance in R-Type Final. All good stuff.

Comment

Had a spin on this last night. Enjoyable, but very clunky and clumsy.

But then it's not an R-Type game, is it...

Comment

Originally posted by Square
                    Had a spin on this last night. Enjoyable, but very clunky and clumsy.

But then it's not an R-Type game, is it...
                    The game moves a lot faster that R-Type, but the handling of the R-11B aint that great (it is only a "cop car" after all). Tough game though.

Comment

I been eyeing R-Types and R-Type Delta up for past few weeks. Worth takin the plunge? ?25 for the pair.

Comment

Originally posted by Smeghead
                        I been eyeing R-Types and R-Type Delta up for past few weeks. Worth takin the plunge? ?25 for the pair.
                        Most definitely. R-Types contains both R-Type and R-Type II, not to mention a huge amount of backround information about the saga (the gallery of R vessels is particularly impressive). R-Type Delta is also an equally monstrous game in itself, with a wealth of unlockable extras. Essential purchases to my mind.

Talking of R-Type Delta, I received the OST in the post today:

The reason I bought this puppy is because of this track (5.9MB). The final level of Delta is pretty epic, simply due to this particularly emotive cue. Makes you feel as though you are partaking in something meaningful.

What I didn't know is that the score was composed by members from USP. Whether they end up doing R-Type Final remains to be seen, but it looks pretty likely (they have done a most of IREM's musical composition for a while now).

Comment

R-type art is always welcome. I love the way it has its own clear style which is rare.

Comment

...back up, back up. Since when did R-Type III get released on the Gameboy Advance??

Comment

TBA 2003.

BTW Cacky, that track is superb. *edit* just re-read your post >_<
                              It sound like something Christopher Franke would dream up.

Comment

Working...
                              X