Gaming made me ill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaming made me ill?

GBA - trying to play that thing for any considerable amount of time, really causes me neck ache. Craning over the screen, huddled up trying to see wtf's going on. I had this simptom all the way through Metroid Fusion & LttP on the train.

Rez - the last bosses, thumb really starts to go nump with muscle fatigue after a while, you've gotta get all those missiles man for 100%!

Migraines, oh sweet jesus MIGRAINES. After a particular long session on Halo or an hour on Rez, i start to get the familiar feeling of slight pain behind one eye, which unless treated, progresses like this:

Pain in one eye
    Pain grows behind eye and travels to head also
    Pain is sharp & evil
    Become nauseus
    Feel a little sickly
    Pain grows further
    Light becomes painful to see in
    Nausea turns to physical sickness
    Hot & Cold sweats
    Pain is head splittingly awful
    *At this point i've usually taken something, curtains drawn and in bed trying to sleep it off.
    Whilst lying there, sickness grows.
    Bowels aren't happy with contents
    Pain is excruitiating
    *Runs to toilet, throws up and well and truly cleaned out like a Vindaloo the night before.
    Return to bed, emptied, pain in head subsided slighty for throwing up, but returns shortly after with a vengeance
    If not made to return to WC usually pass out thru exhaustion or pain
    Wake up, feeling alot better, only memory of ordeal is telling remanant feeling in one's head.

This doesn't happen half as much as it used to, down to less time to play games, but when it does, ****in hell, it's terrible.

Fast paced FPS like quake 3 on the PC are the worst offenders for causing migraines, which is why i well and truly welcomed the slower paced action of Halo - God send. Rez or really technicolour, laser flashing eye bleeders do also, i fear PDO may cause damage if not played sensibly >_<.

Yours?

Get Bass in the arcade gave me a nasty blister once.

Comment

Staying up playing Q3 online til 4am has been known to give me a slight headache.

Comment

Turok on the N64 used to give me bad motion sickness.

Playing Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 also made me a little woosy, although I wasn't feeling too good at the time.

I don't have any Dance Dance Revolution-related injuries yet, but it's a good workout :-) There's potential for knee damage (arrow knee drops) and cracked skulls (bad mats) though.

Stay safe kids

Comment

I also suffer from migraines when playing computer games, but the doctor did actually make them become less frequent. I used to look up at the TV whilst playing, but he said if you look down (doesn't have to be much) then it will stop. And it works. I only get migraines through playing games for about 10 hours solid.

Comment

I get rotten motion sickness when playing most FPS games.
            It really makes me mad as I can't play games at all like time splitters or Quake etc..I recently bought Metroid Prime and I have already sufferd some what from that...

Comment

About all I get are serious ass aches from sitting on the floor when I play. Yeah, I suppose I could pull out a chair or use the cord extenders so I could sit on the couch, but that's just more trouble than I feel like dealing with when I first get started. But, ten minutes into it, and my ass hurts from the floor.

Comment

My wrists sound like cement mixers from all that button bashing and joypad holding

You can actually hear them griding if I rotate my hands around at the wrist

I have the feeling I'm really going to suffer in later life

Comment

I'm an FPS veteran yet Metroid Prime kept giving me motion sickness. The HOTD3 shotguns are also for me very heavy and my arms will ache after barely 5 minutes of it. Also if I play PIU/DDR on an empty stomach, I feel very sick after just one song.

Comment

Metroid Prime's last boss gave me killer left trigger finger ache - I wish the lock on thing was toggleable, an hour spent holding left trigger is just silly.

The GBA kneck ache thing I can sympathise with. There's just no way to hold the thing so you're comfy on a train, is there?

Comment

Ocarina of Time made me ill, although that was probably my own fault for playing the whole thing through in one weekend with virtually no sleep at all.....

Comment

Only severe eye strain for me, a notable case being after playing Majora's Mask for 5 hours solid in poor lighting and much too close to the screen.

Comment

The only game that's made my eyes go funny from looking at it for a while is Timesplitters 2. Probably due to the intense concentration needed...
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Playing too much Perfect Dark gave my wife a black eye. I walloped her in my sleep thinking I was attacking a guard!

Comment

Originally posted by Mervin
                              Playing too much Perfect Dark gave my wife a black eye. I walloped her in my sleep thinking I was attacking a guard!

Nice one !

Comment

Working...
                              X