Zelda 64 vs The Wind Waker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zelda 64 vs The Wind Waker.

i never really liked ocarina of time. repetative day and night cycles and alot of aimless wandering - just got on my tits. there was a depressing feeling running though the whole game. i did love link to the past though, so don't not think me a zelda fan.

however this new one is a universe away from ocarina. it feels like a living, breathing world - with details i have never seen in a game before. it almost is like playing a game on the next next generation of consoles. wandering in this game is bliss.

but which do you guys prefer? i was just wandering if i was in a minority....

I dont think your wrong although for its time OOT is a very very good game, but as you say TWW is something new, I think im playing the greatest game made so far.

Its pushing forward gaming and IMO maybe creating a new evolved and structured form of interactive media (Don Bluths Dragons Lair Im talking to you). TWW owns me now and for the next month.

Nintendo and all who have worked on this game deserve the biggest pat on the back ever for creating this wonderful magical absorbing world (and Ive only seen a small bit of it so far). I can find no fault with TWW at all except I know its going to end.

Comment

TWW is exceptional, but nothing I've seen so far (and, admittedly, there's still plenty of time for this to change) makes me think it will surpass the transcendental experience of OOT. I can see why they've gone with the toon-shading, but it loses out to OOT's organic richness in my book.

That's not necessarily to say I think they should have made OOT 2; perhaps that game is just unmatchable.

Comment

In terms of narrative and structure, Wind Waker tops OOT by miles. In terms of GFX and gameplay I think WW beats it too. The simple things like multiple targeting, the special moves, the crawling and especially the GBA GC connection (which I will keep going on about) make Wind Waker best in my book, so far.

Comment

Wind Waker is a staggering achievement, it's bigger and better than Ocarina Of Time though as a next generation Zelda title it has so far only met my expectations rather than exceeded them. i realise this may change as i'm only four dungeons in but i've yet to come across anything as fiendishly satisfying as Ocarinas's Water Temple or the ingenious time travel element of Majora's Mask.

it's without a doubt the most enjoyable game i've played for ages and i still don't think anyone is near to competing with Nintendo in terms of gameplay mechanics (the combat feels so right), level & character design etc. technically it's perfect too.

so all in all - so far - it's kind of a Zelda best of in that it refines all that is right about the series but there's little innovation compared with previous outings.

Comment

i've yet to come across anything as fiendishly satisfying as Ocarinas's Water Temple or the ingenious time travel element of Majora's Mask.
            Try sailing around a little, maybe deviate from the main objective. Being a pirate is great fun. I think the ability to actually SAIL between islands as you choose is the next gen leap, and it's so fantastic.

Comment

Why must I torture myself with the endless appraisals of a game I cannot have?

Oh accursed PAL region, why must you plague me so?

Comment

Nothing stopping you from importing....

Comment

Bah, I will not tarnish the magic of Zelda with dodgy third-party peripherals.

Secretly I think I enjoy the pain..

Comment

Last time I checked my Jap/US cube wasn't 3rd party.

Why must I torture myself with the endless appraisals of a game I cannot have?
                    Fact is you can have it. I now see why some of the importers here get so annoyed with Pal gamers. They moan about how they get treated so bad, but do nothing about it. Not that I'm gonna open up that argument today.

Comment

considering PAL gamers have Freeloader there really is no excuse for not importing. i paid less than ?30 for Wind Waker, i got the free disk too and i have the whole package 2 months before it's out here.

Comment

Haven't got this yet but on the subject of 64 Zelda, am I the only one who thought Majora's Mask was better that OOT?

Comment

I have said it before, and I will say it again, before TWW I never enjoyed a Zelda game (and that includes OOT and LTTP). What makes TWW so impressive is the way it expresses emotion. It makes the experience much more as you connect with all the characters around you, plus I think it is a funnier game than previous Zelda's (the guy who runs the battleship game cracks me up everytime).

Comment

Originally posted by Ady
                            am I the only one who thought Majora's Mask was better that OOT?
                            i thought it was excellent, the whole time travel thing added an extra layer of complexity which elevated the title to almost intellectual levels.

it was like some slightly skewed, twisted, bad dream vision of Zelda and all the better for it. looking up to find the moon was always a chilling experience!

much harder than OOT which i found most refreshing, although working your way through a dungeon with the clock ticking could get quite stressful!

Comment

Originally posted by lordcookie
                              (the guy who runs the battleship game cracks me up everytime).
                              SPLIIISH, SPLIIISH, SPLIIISH, KABOOOM

Comment

Working...
                              X