Replacing a Jap PS2 DVD assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing a Jap PS2 DVD assembly

Does anyone have any experience of replacing PS2 DVD lenses?

I have a faulty SCPH-15000 model and I can't afford a full replacement, so I'm thinking of buying a new lens from Lik-Sang or Goldenshop. I'm pretty confident it will fix my problems.

My question is will I have to calibrate it once it arrives, or should it work straight out of the box? I don't want to shell out for it and then fit it, try to adjust the pots etc... to try and get it working only to fry it.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

I replaced the laser unit on my american ps2 last year. The new one worked first time without needing any adjustments, though I tried the calibration technique on the old one before replacing it just to see if it could be made to work first. The information that I discovered on the web at the time seemed to indicate that there were some versions of the ps2 that the new laser unit would not fit, though.

Brian

Comment

I've not bought from them before, but this lot does the whole drive... It might work out easier than ordering from lik-sang / calibrating a nm wavelength stylus....

Comment

It'll probably work out easier if you order a new laser assy from www.psxrepair.co.uk

Comment

Cheers for the replies guys. I'm going to go for it and cross fingers!

Saurian - would that Laser Assembly fit an early Jap PS2 do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by charlaph
            Cheers for the replies guys. I'm going to go for it and cross fingers!

Saurian - would that Laser Assembly fit an early Jap PS2 do you think?
            Whats the model number?

Comment

he has a

I have a faulty SCPH-15000 model

Comment

Working...
              X