UPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPS

I ordered a game through Gamestop, I did not realise that they shipped via UPS until now.

This has raised a number of queries from me:

My game has now been shipped and I can see on the UPS tracking sheet that a delivery was attempted yesterday unsuccessfully.

However?No delivery note was put through the door, is this standard practice?

What happens if they fail on the third delivery? Is it sent straight back or held at the depot? (about a 1 hour drive from me!)

Is the import charge payable on delivery or not? (I am assuming I am going to get caught)

I hate UPS for many reasons. Let me explain......

I had a US GC when they were first released but had no stepdown, so I ordered one vis UPS so that I got it within 2 days.

I was watching the tracking on the PC every 5 mins, and looking out of the window to spot the UPS van (sad I know). One refresh later and it said attempted deliver failed And obviously no one had been as I hadn't taken my eye off the window.

So i promptly rang them up (angry at this point) and told them that their driver had NOT made any attempt to deliver it (with no deliver note as with yourself). So she rang the driver on route and told him to turn around and get it to me straight away. It did arrive within the next hour though.

It was obviously a case of lazy driver syndrome, which happens far to often for my liking, ring up and complain, tell them that the driver has obviously fobbed you off.

Customs is very common with UPS so be warned

Comment

I'm resigned to paying any duty (and "brokerage" charge)....

Having just checked the tracking I now see

"Need directions, not delivered"....

They have fancy tracking systems but can't find my house from the postcode! (and full address, but even I can use one of the umpteen postcode map systems)...

Comment

SEUR did it to me 3 times in a row. The 3rd time, I wrote a very angry letter. Since then, spot on, but the driver seems unhappy. Well ...

It's like they don't worry about Internet tracking at all.

Comment

Working...
        X