Playing UK GBA SP in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing UK GBA SP in Japan

Just got a GBA SP but am off to Japan for a few months. Does anyone know if I'll need a step up/down (not sure which is which) converter in order to charge the inbuilt battery or play off the mains?

If so where can I get one? If I can't get one is there an alternative battery pack or something?

Cheers

M

You could get a step up converter and charge it that way...

But the better option, since you're there for several months, would be to simply buy a JAP charger. Not sure how much the big N are selling them for, but it should be cheaper than a step up.

Comment

thanks Ashe, I'll do just that[/b]

Comment

You just need a travel adapter and your original mains SP adapter.

You can buy them for a fiver when you're in the shops at the airport and you won't blow up your GBA...

Comment

murakawa,

I've got a JAP SP power adapter if you're interested in swapping for your UK one.

PM me if you're interested

Cheers

Comment

Sort of off the topic, but does anyone know who are selling the UK chargers seperately?

Comment

Originally posted by phillai
              You just need a travel adapter and your original mains SP adapter.

You can buy them for a fiver when you're in the shops at the airport and you won't blow up your GBA...
              So the charger has automatic voltage switching? I can't imagine a stepup transformer costing ?5...

Comment

Hmmm... I could be wrong then!

Comment

Seeing as there's a bit of a difference of opinion as to what will work, I rang Nintendo UK and they said to get a step up converter. Mind you, they've never been the best for customer support in the past...

... so I still don't know what to do!

Comment

Working...
                  X