Help faulty Soul Calibur 2 PS2? FMV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help faulty Soul Calibur 2 PS2? FMV

I got Soul calibur to from NCSX today and put it on, the FMV keeps stopping or freezing as it were. I have an SCPH 100000 The first Japanese PS2, could it be the DVD Drivers? Or the machine? No other game has had this problem. Once i had a problem with Winning Eleven 5 completly stopping, but no other game since then has had a problem.

The Game seems to play fine it's just the FMV, that's what puzzles me even more. Please if anyone can help, shud i send it back but if i get another i can't gurantee the same problem may not hapen. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with this PS2 model or game.

Thanks

Julian

SCPH 10000 series machines always develop this error,

The newer revisions are far better (V5 and above)

Comment

you're not missing much - opening FMV is worth looking at but thats it, finish arcade with different characters and you get zero fmv

when my psx used to skip fmv i would stand it on its side (propped up) - try this and it might sort it out

camps

Comment

Thanks for replies. I'll try the turning on its side see if that helps side.

Thanks

Julian (i presume i need a new PS2)

Comment

Originally posted by JU!
          Thanks for replies. I'll try the turning on its side see if that helps side.

Thanks

Julian (i presume i need a new PS2)
          Thats easier than you think

PM me for advice man!

Comment

JU!

I have a SCPH-10000 and the game works flawlessly on my machine.

I don't have the DVD drivers loaded on my memory card though, since a card format accident happened a while ago.

I used to have problems with games freezing (Tekken Tag I think), but I've not had them for a long long time now.

Another thing - I use my PS2 vertically if that makes any difference.

Comment

Cheers for all your help people, NCSX replied very fast and this was there quote Saurian u were right it is the PS2, turning it on its side did not help but it was a good idea. Heres what to do if anyone else has the poblem.

From NCSX

Hello, yes we have this problem also and other customers have reported it to us.
              After researching your reported problem more, we have found that many SCPH-10000
              consoles have this stuttering problem including our old SCPH-15000 console which
              affects the introduction. We have however found a solution where you insert a PS1
              game such as Tekken 3 into the PS2 and start loading it. Next, when the intro starts
              playing, reset the PS2, eject the PS1 game and then reboot Soul Calibur 2. For some
              reason, this procedure clears up all of the skipping problems in the intro.
              Thanks for all the help

I'll also take DVD Drivers off memory card n see if that helps thanks $h@d0w

Thanks Saur i'll PM u next time i know yr a man in the know

Julian

Comment

Working...
              X