Metroid Prime: NTSC Vs. PAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metroid Prime: NTSC Vs. PAL

I'm unsure whether or not to get the US version of MP or the European for my PAL gamecube (w/freeloader). Is there any major difference between the two or does anyone with experince of both games have any recomendations?
    Sorry if this has been raised before but a quick search yielded no results.

Short answer: You have a PAL cube , get PAL Metroid.

Given that Metroid is now out on PAL theres no reason for you to mess about with the US version & Freeloader (possible memory card issues/display bugs/audio bugs and disc swapping)
    The PAL version has a 60Hz mode so speed wise its the same. There is also some extra speech in the PAL version.

The only real reason to get the US version is IF you have a US cube and can take advantage of its progressive scan video mode.

Comment

60hz plus extra speech? I'm sold.
      Cheers

Comment

Didn't the NTSC/US version have a frequent crash bug near one of the chozo ruins elevators? I've been legging it back and forth for hours with no problems on my PAL copy so I assume they've fixed that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire
          Didn't the NTSC/US version have a frequent crash bug near one of the chozo ruins elevators? I've been legging it back and forth for hours with no problems on my PAL copy so I assume they've fixed that too.
          I've played through metroid (apart fro the last boss) and it never crashed once during the 20 or so hours (US version).

Comment

I've also been told many of the lore entries concerning the Chozo and Pirates are different on the PAL version to the NTSC. A friend of mine running the PAL copy is currently making copy of them... because he used the FAQ available and saw that the stuff you can scan came up with different text. Will keep informed on this one...
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

AFAIR the crash bug only happens if you press buttons while one of the elevator cut-scenes runs.

Comment

Working...
              X