Kero Kero King DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kero Kero King DX

There are a few of us interested in this now so lets get an official topic! Post all the info you can find about the game in here!

The Official Website -

An Old Preview with screens -

A Review -

Apparently due out in April in the US under the name Ribbit Ribbit Golf (haha). I like the quirky Japanese boxart though. Someone said a PS2 version is due?

Anyone actually got this game?

SharkAttack, the man with the good ideas.

I will watch this space closely.

Comment

It scored quite well with Famitsu Cube...

Kero Kero King DX (GC, Bandai): 8 / 8 / 8 / 7 (31/40)

Comment

APRIL.....???

Bah! I'll just import the damn thing now! And ribbit ribbit golf is ....well, for my tastes.....horrid. But everyone has their own take on it.

Thanks for the links...I've been busy busting arse on so many other games.

Comment

Tempted...veeeeeeeeery tempted.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkAttack
            Someone said a PS2 version is due?
            PS2 Kero Kero King, 18 December @ the low SRTP 3,800YEN!:

Comment

Play asia have been doing combo deals with this game too.

Everytime I have tried to buy anything from them recently they have tried to make me buy this game at a special combo price (knocking off $10 or something).

So it might be worth trying to take advantage of this.

Comment

I have this. I bought it on release, but didn't mention anything because a) I hadn't played it too much and b) I didn't think anyone would care.

It's great fun. The key isn't in how quickly you can get the frog in the hole, but how high your score is when it goes in. Therefore, you can keep a hole going on for ages, so long as you don't spend too long after you opponent has gone in.

The ideal scenario is to get a hole-in-one via a massive combo, but this is not easy.

Not the greatest game ever, but very funny, somewhat confusing and quite compelling, especially in multiplayer.

Comment

How are the menu translations and generally getting around the game?

Comment

Very simple. It's a kids game, so menu options are at a minimum. The only time it gets remotely text-heavy is during tutorial, but it's all demonstrated for you, so you know what's going on regardless.

Comment

I'm absolutely shocked that Bandai's releasing this and Chibi Robo outside Japan. Very refreshing to see such 'quirky' games get translated.

Comment

We're getting ChibiRobo?!

Woohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by Crispin
                          We're getting ChibiRobo?!

Woohoo!
                          Yep, in April 2004 as well.

Comment

Did chibi robo ever come out in Japan, not to get too off topic. Burai you kept secret your collection of frog golf games!

Comment

Does it work with freeloader anybody?

Comment

Working...
                              X