Can you play a GBA SP on an aeroplane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you play a GBA SP on an aeroplane?

I know you can't use digital stuff like MD's or CD's but what about a GBA - I can't remember if you can use them - I think it might be only when your up in the air they can be used and not during take off/landing - I have an 8 hour flight coming up soon

yes you can use things like gba sps and discmans. There will be a message from the cabin crew telling you when you can and cant use any digital equipment.

Comment

Should be fine during the actual flight, it's just take off and landing that it's prohibited I think.

Comment

Splendid I'll pick one up before I go away then.

Other question is what about the charging of the battery? I'm going to Barbados 8) - I have no idea what current they use there - would I be better off nicking my brothers normal GBA and stocking up on batteries?

Comment

[boast] I used my SP on a plane Saturady morning [/boast]

Passengers are asked to turn off any electronic equipment during take off and landing, but you can use what you like in between.

Barbados should be 220v 50Hz, so all you'd need is a mains plug adaptor (uk three pin to Euro two pin). Check with your travel operator!

I charged my SP like this fine in mainland Spain.

Comment

Actually it depends on the airline,

I've been on flights where they won't let you use any electrical equipment for the duration of the flight. But in the main it's only take off and landing that you have to power down for.

Comment

Ryan air won't let you use any electronic stuff, most others are ok apart from take offs and landing.

Mind you if you go Ryan Air you must be nuts anyway.

Comment

on a transatlantic flight its fine.

Comment

Worth a check (just to be on the safe side), but during a two week stay in Barbados a few years ago, I used everything without problem just by using a 3-pin/2-pin adapter.

Comment

As far as I understand, the only reason they ask this is so that people don't ignore the flight attendants and the captain during take-off and landing.
                    The whole thing about it interfering with plane systems is rubbish, if that were really the case then we'd have terrorists loading their bags with minidiscs and laptops all the time.

Comment

Iberia and BA (European flights) don't allow any electronic equipment (even a GBA!).

I tried explaining the stupidity of this to them, but that's the law.

Comment

if you're going business or first on a boeing 777 or an airbus 360 there are power sockets that you can plug a special adapter, I use this to play mame on my laptop when I go to the states. Only downside (apart from the cost of the adapter which is 60 quid) is getting an adapter that supports the GBA SP, get them to open up the box before you buy.

Comment

Originally posted by superkully
                          Iberia and BA (European flights) don't allow any electronic equipment (even a GBA!).

I tried explaining the stupidity of this to them, but that's the law.
                          THats tosh. I play my gameboy advance all the time on BA.

Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by Edame
                            As far as I understand, the only reason they ask this is so that people don't ignore the flight attendants and the captain during take-off and landing.
                            The whole thing about it interfering with plane systems is rubbish, if that were really the case then we'd have terrorists loading their bags with minidiscs and laptops all the time.
                            For electronic equipment correct. But for mobile phones incorrect.

Neil.

Comment

Working...
                            X