Supergun RGB Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supergun RGB Problem

For the last couple of evenings I've been beavering away trying to build a supergun and last night I decided to test the first phase of my work, by hooking up the thing up to a TV. I've not implemented any control or sound yet, but the power and video circuitry are built.

Anyway, the results were a bit of a mixed bag, because although the picture had Vibrant colour, it wouldn't stabalise on my TV and kept scrolling rapidly down and to the left, making it unusable.

I'm feeding in an RGB signal through the scart and I'm using a JAP JAMMA board of Rezon. Could this be a 50/60Hz issue, an RGB issue, or do I need to do something slightly with the video sync line other than connecting it to the vid sync pin of the scart.

Need help tech heads please

Originally posted by Madbury
    For the last couple of evenings I've been beavering away trying to build a supergun and last night I decided to test the first phase of my work, by hooking up the thing up to a TV. I've not implemented any control or sound yet, but the power and video circuitry are built.

Anyway, the results were a bit of a mixed bag, because although the picture had Vibrant colour, it wouldn't stabalise on my TV and kept scrolling rapidly down and to the left, making it unusable.

I'm feeding in an RGB signal through the scart and I'm using a JAP JAMMA board of Rezon. Could this be a 50/60Hz issue, an RGB issue, or do I need to do something slightly with the video sync line other than connecting it to the vid sync pin of the scart.

Need help tech heads please
    You sovellibadguy!

You need R G B to the correct pins and composite sync to pin 20, sync ground to pin 18. +12v to pin 8, bridge across to pin16 with a 75ohm resistor (make sure you cover it in heatshrink or similar)

Comment

Saur,

Thanks m8, I'll give that a whirl over the weekend and hopefully I'll get a nice crispy RGB pic.

Looks like I'm missing the +12V and the bridge through the 75ohm.

Comment

Working...
      X