N.U.D.E.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N.U.D.E.

Well, I've used the "search" feature on the forums, I've checked the XBox area in the review section and for the life of me I can't find impressions/reviews on Xbox's sim game, "N.U.D.E."

I swore up and down you guys had a review, or a hands-on impression of this game (came out in April). Well, my XBox is finally "chipped" and I'm on the hunt for a game, or two, to give my newly modded XBox a run for the money. Sadly, I don't see anything regarding this Seaman-esque coming of age robot girl simulation. The price has dropped so now is the time for me to score this. But I'd like to hear from other gamers how it played.

Any help on this discussion would be appreciated. Thanks.

Quick men, to the LEYNOS-SIGNAL.

Until he arrives, you could check out the incognito N.U.D.E thread here:

Comment

The whole language issue put me off buying the game on JPN import unfortunately. I've heard of people playing it with limited comprehension of spoken Japanese, and I'd imagine if you had a phrase sheet and a walkthrough handy, you could make progress in the game. I'm guessing that the vocabulary needed is quite limited, and it could be learned as you go along.

There's some interesting discussion about it on the GameFAQs board for N.U.D.E.@ too. Someone's talking about posting an FAQ there, so maybe it'll become a more reasonable proposition once that happens.

I'd be interested in hearing more about the game either way, especially from someone approaching it with an unbiased attitude.

Later.

Comment

D-SG, Leynos, thanks, you guys rock the sock.

I actually do speak some Japanese, and I'm still studying, so this game seems like a novel idea to play around with. I?ve never played "Seaman" so the experience is entirely new to me.

Plus, the LE version of N.U.D.E. comes with a bonus DVD and such, so I'm very tempted. However, as one who likes Japanese idiosyncratic games I don't have much faith in the undercurrents of N.U.D.E. since XBox didn't seem to put much effort into getting it across the Japanese gamers (Well....what do I really know....except from the backseat where it appears the game has bombed over in Japan).

Anyway, I'm picking it up. Who knows...I just might attempt a write up for NTSC-UK. I already received my copy of Kino No Tabi.

Man, so much to do.....

Thanks again to the Leynos Signal......Haha!

Comment

Originally posted by JetBlack

I?ve never played "Seaman" so the experience is entirely new to me.
          you never played Seaman but think of purchasing N.U.D.E. which seems totally unplayable for western gamers? i don't get it!

i strongly recommend to purchase a Dreamcast (in case you don't have one) complete with the great us-version of Seaman! the game is a very unique and enjoyable gaming experience and the voice support works fantastic.

and while i'm eagerly waiting for a western release of N.U.D.E. too, i can't think of N.U.D.E. beeing in the same league with Seaman.

Comment

Has anyone played Hey You! Pikachu on the N64? It's pretty boring as he can't actually speak like Seamen, but it's funny when you say "Playstation" and Pikachu gets really angry.

Comment

Uli says:
              "you never played Seaman but think of purchasing N.U.D.E. which seems totally unplayable for western gamers? i don't get it!"

Hahah! Yep, that's right! Uhm, did you catch the part where I said I know some Japanese? No, this is not unplayable for this particular "western gamer".

I've never played Seaman, I admit that ....but then that's good, since it won't affect my judgement. However, I am not against playing Seaman (for the comparison)....but I would have to invest in a DreamCast and such. Currently, my XBox is now modded.....so.......N.U.D.E. it is!

Plus, as I implied. I've been after this game for a while (and XBox Japan has a kinda shallow selection) so again.........N.U.D.E. it is.

I haven't played "Hey You Pikachu"

[/b]

Comment

Just purchased N.U.D.E. at BuyRite.com. They had the LE version (with the DVD movie disk) for $59 US dollars....which beats out Play Asia / NCSX.com / YesAsia.com. In fact, a few of those places were already sold out.

Seems like one of those games that either you get it, or you "hear" about it - because it's out of print / stock / rare.

Well, my friends, Jet has his. Guess I'll give this a go and see what happens. If it proves to be too hard for my Japanese skills I'll admit defeat, but I won't go down without a fight.

Comment

DAMN IT!

I just got email from BuyRite.com that they do NOT have N.U.D.E. in stock (even though their webiste shows it available). Basically, they never updated the page, so I got suckered. They didn't charge my account, so that's good.

Sigh.....the search continues.......

Perhaps I will have to pay through the nose at NCSX.com. But I WILL get this game. Nothing drives me more than something that eludes me.

N.U.D.E. WILL BE MINE! Bwahahahahaha!!!

Comment

GoblinDirect.com is asking $86 (US dollars)...??

How the hell do you folks in the UK live with that? According to conversion tools that's the price without shipping! Gah! Insane, don't know how you brits do it.

I'm going back to the other sites..... I will find this game! But paying close to $100 US is not on my agenda.

Well, not until I get desperate.....haha!

Comment

Okay, I got it at NCSX.com. But I still had to shell out over $80 US.

Play Asia had it for $69 US, but the shipping (in a box) was going to kill me (over $80 US again) and that was for the regular version. NCSX.com offered the LE version (with the bonus DVD) and sent me an email sayign they would ship it in a box to protect the oversized packaging.

That's customer service I will pay for. I gave them my money and I hope all will be well after this. (I'm sure you're all wishing I would just piss off with my posts of hunting this game). It has been a tad bit of fun.

Now the tough part. Playing the game......gotta brush up on all my Japanese now. Though I still can't imagine this being too harsh....since you're basically just giving out commands, not engaging in deep discussions about politics or world economics.

I just hope my XBox mod chip works well with this headset and such.

Ja ne.

Comment

Just yell Hantai at her the whole time.

Comment

Well, based on some of the screen shots that I've seen it looks like she'll be doing a bit of taking out the trash and sweeping the floor. She doesn't seem to wear much clothing, so I don't have to worry about dressing her up.

But, what do I know based on a few screen shots. It seems the official website has been taken down.

Comment

Well.....

I just got NUDE today.

No, not as in without clothes - though I do that from time to time. I mean today I just got N.U.D.E. in the post. So I officially get to put the moves on the video vixen with my broken Japanese. Look out all the cute Japanese honeys, Jet Black is in da' house! (Or, "Jet Black san wa uchi de desu yo!")

Anyway, the box is HUGE. As it should be to accomodate the head set, but the box art is wonderful. I picked up the LE version, so it's very nice. A die cut clear plastic window on one side which allows the box art on the game case to show through, and a fold out flap cover on the back side of the box with a "letter" from ARK (Absolute Radiant Kingdom) thanking me for undertaking this assignment of "training" our robot gal.

Looks like my interface P.A.S.S. (Personal Assist Secretary System) will be doing a lot of work early on. But judging by the looks of the game it appears (as I noted above) that the training is mostly cleaning the house, cooking dinner, taking out the trash and turning on the TV and radio.

Perhaps there's a storyline in there, somewhere....

I'll give this game a spin for a week and give my impressions to NTSC-UK. Let the adventure in langauge begin. Ganbate yo!

Comment

Congratulations, JetBlack. I'm looking forwards to hearing how you get on.

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Comment

Working...
                              X