Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying rare versions of common consoles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying rare versions of common consoles...

I just looked at a couple of evil bay auctions - one person spent the best part of ?3000 on two DC's - (Mazora and Gundam I think).

How many people have bought alternate versions of consoles they already have? Multi-coloured or rare versions.

Why did you? to be different? re-sale value? cause it looks nice?

I bought a Pearl White GBA:SP. I suppose that counts. I just bought it to have rather than a bog standard one.

Comment

I always buy alternative versions of standard consoles if there is one available.

To be different and the wow factor. Also they lose their value a lot less than standard releases...

Comment

Ive never actually bought anything other than standard versions of consoles, come to think about it. Ive strongly considered the following-

Hello Kitty DC- because it looks sooooooo cool
        Silver PS2- ditto

Whether it holds its value is of no consequence to me. I wouldnt buy a console just because it was r@@@@@@@@re, it would have to look great too. Having said that, I wouldnt pay much more than the standard version of the console as i would rather spend the money on games

Comment

Originally posted by gozaimas
          To be different and the wow factor. Also they lose their value a lot less than standard releases...
          Hi Simon

This is pretty much why I also get alternate versions if I can. It just looks better as well (as long as the alternate version is more aesthetically pleasing).

I myself have a Q and a US silver cube (do these count?) and a JPN Ltd. Ed. smokey grey XBOX. I also have one of those JPN Ltd. Ed. Silver PS2s.

I`m soon going to try and get pretty much all silver by getting hold of the silver DC I`ve seen here in the shops (it is just sex).

Comment

I've never done it because I generally buy a machine as soon as it comes out and the limited edition versions are normally introduced late into its life cycle to boost interest / sales.

I've not got a PS2 though, and would quite like that silver one.

Comment

Hi Gozaimas ^^

Just because they look cool, really:

Platinum GC
              Derby Stallion Saturn
              LE Jpn Xbox (smoke grey)
              Debug PSX
              (although this is also useful for multi-region, not just cos it looks ace).

Comment

I have just got an Aqua PS2, which is quite nice.

Getting Limited / Rare Editions of Consoles can be quite an expensive hobby, and as KempStar says, I tend to try and spend the money on games...

Although, saying that, why oh why did Nintendo have to release details about the lovely Orange GBA SP when I have just got a Black UK one

ft:

Comment

Originally posted by Tokuda
                  ...getting hold of the silver DC...
                  Hi Allan: Ok- Explain!

When did this come out- It must have been very recently? I thought this was pretty much all the DC iterations:

This website is for sale! gamechoiceclub.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, gamechoiceclub.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

And treble: top work on the neo piece- loved it

Comment

Wowzers. Cheers mate. That's a pretty high compliment. Feel free to say so in the feedback, if you like (I am teh pimp )

Comment

Silver. DC. MINE!!!

I want one Allan, I NEED one!

Comment

I`m soon going to try and get pretty much all silver by getting hold of the silver DC I`ve seen here in the shops (it is just sex).
                        You found one? AAAArgh!

Comment

There is also the rare Blue Sonic Adventure Dreamcast which was released in Europe (200 Units) as well as 3 (yes three) Japanese ones. So guess which one is the rarest...

Comment

theres one of those sonic ones on ebay atm, signed by yuji naka its on ?900 with 9 days left

Comment

Originally posted by Tokuda
                              ...getting hold of the silver DC...
                              Hi Allan: Ok- Explain!

When did this come out- It must have been very recently? I thought this was pretty much all the DC iterations:

This website is for sale! gamechoiceclub.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, gamechoiceclub.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Yeah- I was shocked as well, as I`d never heard of one before, but the other day I found what looked like a normal DC (as it was boxed in the normal DC box) but with a silver sticker on the front saying `ltd. edition` or something or other. It was also pretty expensive so out of curiousity I asked the shop assistant whether I could have a look inside, and to my suprise there was a beautiful silver DC in there which was all silver except for the base (which is black).

Since then, I`ve spotted one more of these, and I think I`ll be picking up for myself next time I see one. As for the price, the one I saw was 18,000yen before tax (roughly 95pounds).

Comment

Working...
                              X