Dog's Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog's Life

Well it's out, but it seems no-one knows it out.

I can't find a single review or even a person that bought it. I was always interested in the concept, hoping for it to be quirky and fun.

So has anyone played it? or seen a review?

Nope.

I too have been interested in this - i'm trying to buy a copy off sininc, but with the mail strike and all... Either its so crap reviewers dont think its worthwhile taking the time to write something up, or its too strange to spark their interest. It's strikes me as being similar to Freak Out or ICO, in that if the concept isnt realised it wont get fair press.

As a dog RPG, FDS (first-dog-sniffer), and excriment blaster it has no rivals!

Comment

Wha?

Ico got great press, and the concept was fully realised.

Kuri Kuri Mix is a better example.

Comment

Not at the start, i remember initial reporters saying it was too empty and bland and the fighting was too simplistic.

After more serious sorts of gamers gave it the thumbs up these reviews seemed to get "updated". But for a while i thought it was left in a void - too Japanese...

Anyway back on topic:

A Dog's Life

Does the sniff-o-vision actually add anything to gameplay? or is it more a thing to flick on and off much like ones night vision scope could be in certain tactical shooters. Occasionally useful but not really essential to the gameplay.

Comment

I saw a review (Games Master) and I think the game scored 71%. It certainly wasn't higher than that, but could be lower. I would need to check tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman
            Games Master
            And then...we heard nothing.

We got three copies of it in Gamestation, don't think anyone bought it. I thought it was still a while off. The only way I'd heard of it in the first place was by looking at the back of the silver PS2 box.

Oh yeah, big mistake by Sony: on the back of the box, it says it's got a Ghost Recon title coming out, called Island Thunder, the same one that's entirely exclusive to the Xbox. And if you look at the Medal Of Honor screenshot, Serious Sam is on the front of the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Zed
              Does the sniff-o-vision actually add anything to gameplay? or is it more a thing to flick on and off much like ones night vision scope could be in certain tactical shooters. Occasionally useful but not really essential to the gameplay.
              Lookin at screens on the back of the box, u can see scents when using sniff o vision, so I guessing it could factor a fair bit in teh gameplay for locating stuff.

Comment

It`s a fun and quirky game, everyone one of my friends who has played it has loved it.

On first glance it appears to be aimed at kids, but myself and my friends found it fun to play.

The smellovision is essential in getting everything and challenging other dogs.

It`s a really quirky game, fun and relaxing (yes how many games don`t make you f and blind at the screen these days) to play.

Comment

From what I hear Sony are doing an ICO with the PR and hoping for the best.

Comment

I really hate how Sony never bothers promoting the titles that need it the most.

Comment

My GAME store has had it in for about a week now

Comment

OPS2 have it on there new demo disc

Comment

The Benelux Official PS2 Mag gave it a Nice 81%

I like this game, altough it's aimed for the kids, i might buy it 8)

Comment

Here is Eurogamer's review:

Review

Some positive comments, maybe worth a buy when its in the bargain buckets.

Comment

Just waking this up to say I rented it and - erm...

It's not a bad game - I can definately say that - and I can DEFINATELY say that it's the first game EVER to allow you to pick up sh1t in your mouth and throw it around (actually - given the weirdness of some Jap-only titles - I may be wrong there

Now - I've always believed that sh1t has no place in gaming - ever since I found out Tamagotchi's could leave 'mess' I've been worried about Japan in a BIG way - so this is a real eye-opener (you get to do doo-doo, pee, fart etc. etc.)

It's basically a quite 'kid-focussed' 3D collectathon (abeit for kids who's parents have no problem with a version of Qix based around peeing . There's nothing too challenging but it's quite original in places and I've played a LOT worse.

It's the sort of thing which should be ?9.99 and it would sell to Joe Public in spades - but it you were hoping for outstanding gameplay invention you're looking in the wrong place...

JP

Comment

Working...
                              X