Import RGB cable (GC) problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import RGB cable (GC) problems

A while ago I ordered a Gamecube RGB Scart cable (for jap/us consoles) from www.goldenshop.com.hk. Just recently I have discovered that there seems to be a problem with it. The picture is great as it should be, but the picture gets pushed to the side, meaning that about 1 cm of the screen is not visible while playing. I have tried the cable on a couple of different TV, but the problem still remains. I have also tried it with several games, but still the same thing. I know there?s nothing wrong with my Gamecube, beacuse it plays alright with the original cable.

So, what?s the problem? Why is the picture disappearing to the left? Bad sych? Bad work from the constructor? I wouldn?t know, but I know something?s not right anyway..

mine does it to

Comment

Did you buy it from Golden Shop as well? Argh! Why does the picture have to hide itself when it?s so good? Stupid..

Comment

have u tried shifting the image from the gamecube menu

Comment

Problem - RGB shift

Solution - Shift the screen in the Gamecube menu to the right.

Comment

Doh! I?m the most stupid person on this planet.. Oh well, I haven?t actually thought about the Gamecube having such an option, but apparently it does, so I have tried it now and it sure works. RGB shift you said - meaning?

Comment

RGB scart cables tend to shift the screen slightly to the left.

Comment

Yup, just go to the bios, spin the menu to the left and change it from there.

Comment

i had this problem, but its easy to fix. just go to the RGB centring function from your TV (if you have it) and adjust the horizontal position of the picture.

Comment

GC, PS2, PS1, Xbox all have this problem.

The DC and Saturn however are perfect with no shifting on my TV :-)

GC's solution is the best with the console setup. Xbox has to be the worst offender, the shift seems to be a lot bigger!

Comment

I think all consoles, like the GameCube should have the option to shift the screen. As I have the same problem, and to make matters worse my TV has no such option to shift the picture.

Although, some PS2 games have an option where you can move the screen to you're desired location.

Comment

Originally posted by $h@d0w
                        GC, PS2, PS1, Xbox all have this problem.

The DC and Saturn however are perfect with no shifting on my TV :-)

GC's solution is the best with the console setup. Xbox has to be the worst offender, the shift seems to be a lot bigger!
                        I have found the Sega machines to be the worst offenders on my Sony. It seems to be worse when a game is running in 60hz mode. I can check this with the Saturn as it is switched. I beleive it is something to do with the synching?

Comment

Working...
                        X