Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Q - DVD region MOD

Hey folks.

Anybody know where I can get a MOD to get my Panasonic Q to play PAL DVDs? And if so how much?

Thanks!

I think theres a disc mate floating around that does the region mod to US NTSC.

Apparantly the region mod as well as the US/JAP game mod is very tricky to do, only a handful of people do it. There was a link on here not so long ago about a website that offered the service for something like ?100, have a search for it

Comment

?100 just to be able to play PAL DVDs? No thanks! ft:

Thanks anyway man. If anyone else knows any more, let me know.

Comment

only place that does it is www.dvdchips.co.uk - its a very difficult and consequently expensive mod

Comment

I have the Ntsc region mod disc iwhich im willing to lend out if the person who borrwed it will return it.

Bri

Comment

Originally posted by bwi
            I have the Ntsc region mod disc iwhich im willing to lend out if the person who borrwed it will return it.

Bri
            Hey. What does the mod disc allow?

Cheers.

Comment

Updates the firmware to play multiregion discs but you are still limited to NTSC discs. Only the full mod will allow PAL movies. At least with this you can play R1 NTSC stuff etc. instead of being limited to R2 NTSC.

Comment

I would love to borrow that then. Thanks mate.

Comment

heh I'm next in line if Bri gets it back I was planning to image/copy it to make it available to everyone. Also lookin for other sources so if you come across it let me know.

Cheers

Comment

Well ive had an email of the borrower and he assures me i'll have it back this week.

I don't mind people making copies or anything of it if they want to. If you do though make me a disc of emu stuff though

I only paid Aus$30 for it off ebay, i wasn't even sure it was going to work, but it does andi've been told that the disc usually costs in the hundreds of US$ (or so NCS told me and other sources)

Bri

Comment

Working...
                    X