Gaps in your gaming repertoire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaps in your gaming repertoire?

I was following the whole Anubis ZOE saga with some interest & yet I've never played a Mech game - not because I have anything against mech games, it's just never crossed my mind to buy one & play it.

Do you have any gaping holes in your gaming career?

RPGs. I didn't understand them when I was younger; they looked too complicated. I much prefered the R-Types and Shinobis of the gaming world. I still have yet to play one, and I am sure that I am missing out on some superb gaming experiences.

Perhaps someone here could reccomend a couple to ease me into the genre?

Comment

It must be pet and breed sims. Right now I'm checking out Konami's Arcade port Dogstation because the puppies are so cute.

Others are date and farmer sims. -This manly beacause of the language barrier.

Comment

Originally posted by Square
        RPGs. I didn't understand them when I was younger; they looked too complicated. I much prefered the R-Types and Shinobis of the gaming world. I still have yet to play one, and I am sure that I am missing out on some superb gaming experiences.

Perhaps someone here could reccomend a couple to ease me into the genre?
        Final Fantasy 7 is probably one of the better introductions to the genre. Combines a great story, with a not too complicated game system to great effect.

Comment

Cheers C', I did have my eye on that one as it happenes. And there's hardly a shortage of pre-owned copies

Comment

Originally posted by Henning
            It must be pet and breed sims. Right now I'm checking out Konami's Arcade port Dogstation because the puppies are so cute.

Others are date and farmer sims. -This manly beacause of the language barrier.
            Henning, do you have the Japanese version, and if so, how playable is it without knowledge of Japanese?

Oh, and where did you get it from? I can't find anywhere selling it!

Comment

Mech games too... unless you count Cybernator as one
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

fighting games - no gamer mates and no arcades make them pointless.

sim <insert word here> games & RTS - too much time planning without anything actually happening. my game time is precious, i want excitement or storyline 100% of the time i'm playing.

dating games - language issues. although when my japanese improves i'll check them out.

FPS - my allergy to anything on a PC means i'm only just really getting into these.

Comment

Dating sims bar harvest moon(?)
                  Recent FPS games as they bored me completely in the past
                  RTS games - PC gaming I find pretty dull so have not played these much at all

I am sure there are lots more but i usually like dipping into genres rather than keeping to one.

Comment

Sports games, which I'm very happy about mostly.

And mech games...though ZOE2 and SB should start to see that turn around.

Comment

FPS
                      I just cant do em....i get lost, get stuck on walls and in corners, and go round in circles all the time.
                      They just confuse me. The only one i ever bought myself was outtrigger, but i cant say i like it.
                      Tempted by Metroid and Halo, but probably wont get them either.

Comment

My collection is well rounded but these are the biggest ommissions;

Super Monkey Ball - GC
                        Super Mario Collection - SFC
                        Captain Commando - PSone
                        Shinobi - PS2
                        Chaotix - Super 32X
                        Sonic CD - Mega CD

Comment

Originally posted by smackdee
                          fighting games - no gamer mates and no arcades make them pointless.
                          Snap.

Also Horse Racing games. The Japanese seem to love their Horse Racing games. I've looked at these games for a while wanting to try one - never got around to buying one simply because they look so importer unfriendly. I will finally get round to buying one though, there are 2 English language games being released this month - G1 Jockey 3 (UK PS2) and Gallop Racer 2003 (US PS2.)

Comment

I'd have to say managerial games, like the Championship Manager series or any of the Master of Orion games. I don't see much fun in games that are basically just spreadsheets with some nice animations.

Also I haven't really played a platformer since the 16-bit era, they just don't interest me at all any more.

Comment

rpg games like final fantasy. i've just never bothered with them as they wasn't interesting enough to me

also sports games, i cant get the jist of them, football game especially but i quite like tony hawks skateboarding

i'm into racing games, fps, action adventure/survival horror games too much so have passed the others

Comment

Working...
                              X