Problems Setting Up PS2 Network Adaptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems Setting Up PS2 Network Adaptor

Just got this today and connected it to the machine. However, whilst it seemed to detect all the necessary settings properly, whenever it comes to connecting to the online network it gets stuck at the phase titled 'Detecting DNAS Settings'.

Anyone got any idea why it stalls at this point (it passes all the 4 previous checks and stalls on this last one.) I'm connecting the PS2 to a Cable Modem located in my Set Top Box.

Thanks guys

Is this on a bog standard Pal PS2?

Comment

Originally posted by yashiro
      Is this on a bog standard Pal PS2?
      Sorry, forgot to mention. It's a chipped (Messiah 1) PAL PS2 and a PAL Broadband Adaptor.

Also, my Xbox can connect to Live perfectly fine.

Comment

Originally posted by C'

I'm connecting the PS2 to a Cable Modem located in my Set Top Box.

Thanks guys

It might be that.
        When applying for the Sony Beta i had to confirm that my broadband connection did not go through a set top box as it wasnt supported at the time by sony.

Comment

Originally posted by revisedgenocide
          Originally posted by C'

I'm connecting the PS2 to a Cable Modem located in my Set Top Box.

Thanks guys

It might be that.
          When applying for the Sony Beta i had to confirm that my broadband connection did not go through a set top box as it wasnt supported at the time by sony.
          Balls, I just checked the Playstation website and it seems you are correct.

Looks like my only option at present would be connecting via a router (which I can't afford ).

Unless someone else knows better?

Comment

I had a similiar problem with my Xbox Live, I managed to get past it by coping the MAC Address from the PC to the Xbox and got it working. Unsure if there is an option as such for the PS2 online.

Comment

Well my brother got it working by buying a router and setting it up through there.

However, one thing I've noticed is that the machine doesn't seem to reset once it gets into a game anymore. Not sure, as yet, whether this is restricted to online titles, or offline as well, but whenever I tap the button to reset the PS2, it shuts down as if the button was held (which it wasn't).

Is this common with the BBA or does it indicate a problem with the unit?

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                Is this common with the BBA or does it indicate a problem with the unit?
                Happens all the time im afraid. One of numerous quirks a ps2 will develop when hooked up to the NA.
                Nothing to worry about though.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                  However, one thing I've noticed is that the machine doesn't seem to reset once it gets into a game anymore. Not sure, as yet, whether this is restricted to online titles, or offline as well, but whenever I tap the button to reset the PS2, it shuts down as if the button was held (which it wasn't).
                  mine does that, i think its cause of the na plugged in the back nothing to worry about really

Comment

Cheers for confirming that. Guess everything is A OK now then.

Spent a bit of time on SSX3 last night which was a blast (even though I've not spent enough time with the game to develop my m4d 5k1ll5 yet

However, on a whole, the Sony Network system is not a patch on Xbox Live. But, there seems to be more online games that appeal to me on the Sony system compared to 1 on Xbox.

Comment

another thing i've noticed the ps2 fan speeds up and down must be for when the hard disc come out

Comment

Sorry to hijack but it's not worth opening another thread for

I wanted to connect my PS2 to my set top box (telewest cable). Isn't this possible, then?

C, can you give me the url that explains this can't be done?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X