• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-Zero - Blue Falcon

Now shipping from play-asia
    Link - http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-65-70-2yk-4-11.html

Anyone picking it up?

Im hope its better than Maximum Velocity; a bit of a let down that one.

It seems to have a few different modes......

What's the red all about on the map? Some kind of Time Trial thing maybe?

Look at that track map

The US release is a few days away and the one to go for as the Jap one is full of Jap text making it very difficlult to play (according to Gamefaqs GBA release dates)

Edit: Gamefaqs must br wrong as it not showing anywhere on the USA releases and Joe at Tronix (New York) has no date yet. So I guess it back to the Jap phrasebook!

Comment

I'm a little weary about this one. You can spin and side attack like on 3D F-Zero. I think 2D and 3D F-Zero should be kept as far apart from each other as possible.

I absolutely loved Maximum velocity, I played it for 6 months solid after the jap. release. I don't think this one will come close.

I might buy it though, when I can afford, just to see for myself.

Comment

I also loved maximum velocity i still play it now it was also my first ever GBA game.
        this one looks just as good hop you get to make your own car as well

Comment

I have this now.

What a depressing game. There's absolutely no challenge whatsoever, even on Expert. Me and all my work buddies ran out and bought GBA's and Max Velocity at launch and I've seen grown men reduced to tears by the evil CPU cars on hard mode.

But this is sooooo easy. It's like they've made it easier for casual fans, picking it up after seeing the anime but never playing an F-Zero before. In the end I was just coming to a stop, letting 5 cars go by and attacking each one in turn. So far on Easy, I've eliminated a personal best of 16 craft on Mute City before running out of laps.

Maybe that'll be where I find my fun in this game. It certainly won't be from clean racing.

Comment

Have to agree - it is rather on the easy side. But then, I am only playing the simplest levels... might have to ramp up the difficulty and see if that makes any difference.

And completing one character in Story mode... ten minutes? Am I missing something here?

Comment

Maximum Velocity made me weep with its bastard sodding cheating bastard AI. So I shall keep this at arms length until I know more.

On a different note: Mr sockochris, your av rules

Comment

Originally posted by Tig
                Maximum Velocity made me weep with its bastard sodding cheating bastard AI.
                quite....bastards

Comment

For the people who have it, how much JPN text is there?

Originally posted by Tig
                  Maximum Velocity made me weep with its bastard sodding cheating bastard AI. So I shall keep this at arms length until I know more.

Thanks

Comment

This game is well ****...
                    Jerky gameplay and the graphics ain't half as smooth as the original.
                    Avoid this turkey at all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by phillai
                      This game is well ****...
                      Jerky gameplay and the graphics ain't half as smooth as the original.
                      Avoid this turkey at all costs.
                      That's probably the best review I've read in all my life!

Tell it like it is, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris

Originally posted by Tig

Thanks
                        Not enough to stop you getting through it, though you'll miss everything that happens in the Story mode.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris

Originally posted by Tig

Thanks
                          Not enough to stop you getting through it, though you'll miss everything that happens in the Story mode.

Comment

Working...
                          X