Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minna no Golf 4 (Hot Shots/Everybody's)

Just got this now.
    To be honest, I am not sure what to make of this as I have not played a golf game since Mario Golf on the GBC....
    It is definitely a laugh thus far - lots to unlock (good/bad?) The Japanese flavour does shine through with the caddies and characters in general being very helpful and smiley.
    Uses a three hit system (std golf game) though there appears to be a two hit system too (no hook/slice/****-up press) which makes it very accessible and means that it is for....everybody.
    Any questions that I might be able to answer are welciome - if only so I can try to find out myself! I'll try to keep posting impressions if there is any demand.

"GANBATTE" as my caddy keeps saying. Not enough "SUGOI"

sad to see that they haven't progressed onto an analogue swing system yet (unless there is one hidden away in the options)

How many courses are there in this one - there were 5 in Minna no Golf 3

cheers

camps

Comment

Are there Samurai golfers or are they unlockable?

Comment

I believe there are 13 courses.
        I am getting a bit better at this now - still a little ****e at putting though. It is a charming game and I DO get a buzz out of a birdie (possibly due to the rarity (>_&lt ).

I dunno about Samurai golfers, I have unlocked some balls and clubs but you basically have to buy the unlockables from the shop and there are TONS of things greyed out. You can bye a "Saru" (monkey) from Ape Escape as caddy though!

Comment

This is the Samurai guy:

Did you hit the Pirate ship course yet? Do you consider this game a worthy purchase?

Comment

Originally posted by saif
            Just got this now.
            To be honest, I am not sure what to make of this as I have not played a golf game since Mario Golf on the GBC....
            It is definitely a laugh thus far - lots to unlock (good/bad?) The Japanese flavour does shine through with the caddies and characters in general being very helpful and smiley.
            Uses a three hit system (std golf game) though there appears to be a two hit system too (no hook/slice/****-up press) which makes it very accessible and means that it is for....everybody.
            Any questions that I might be able to answer are welciome - if only so I can try to find out myself! I'll try to keep posting impressions if there is any demand.

"GANBATTE" as my caddy keeps saying. Not enough "SUGOI"
            What sort of scores are you getting per round, now that you've had some practice on the game? I found Minna no Golf 3 to be a little easy after a short while.

And tell your caddy to tsukkomu his 'ganbatte' up his koumon, if you catch my drift, and then he might think things are a little more sugoi. I hate people saying 'ganbatte' to me (usually), and I generally hate 'encouraging' caddies in golf games, so...

Comment

I am getting a little better at this but still not paticularly consistent. I have met one samurai golfer who was pretty funny. I love the way he puts his club away! You can choose your caddy and I like the sweet little caddy that encourages me!

I am not great and I usually get pars with a few birdies and then one absoloute shocker to take my score right down. Its still a laugh though. Not unlocked a great deal but am enjoying it all.

Comment

How does it compare to Toadstoll Tour?

Comment

Working...
                X