Armed & Dangerous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armed & Dangerous

Just been playing the kickass demo on this month OXM, its MDKx10. Controls just like every other 3rd person shooter on the box, so its nice and easy to use. The demo had me shooting up some ape things inthe snow while blowing the crap out of everything i could see, i got to use the 'Upsidedown gun', plus there plenty of other stuff to shoot to have huge explosions happening everywhere. It also had a brilliant cutscene that takes the piss out of SW:empire strikes back at the end of it.

The 2nd level is a masterpiece, it has you sitting in a moveable gun turrent, facing off against hundreds of enemies while they run at your wall, its like taking part HelmsDeep but with 2 bloody big guns. Worth paying the ?6 for the mag just to get the demo.

Originally posted by Tobal
    its MDKx10.
    That alone has sold me on this one.

Have to look into it.

Comment

Being a big fan of MDK and Giants I've been looking forward to this one for a while. The demo is seriously rough around the edges (pre-alpha?), but it looked great never-the-less. Especially like the Scottish guy's ramblings

Comment

I've just picked this up - thought the demo looked good and I loved Giants.
        There's no 60hz mode - it looks like BG&E the way its letter boxed (albeit unintentional)
        No multiplayer except for LIVE
        The Userinterface looks like it was put together by the work experience student.....
        The game itself is fun but this just feels like a beta.

(Giants didn't have much in the the way of a user interface either though...)

looking through the US reviews I'm not alone (at least they get 60hz full screen though)

Comment

Originally posted by dustbindroid
          looking through the US reviews I'm not alone (at least they get 60hz full screen though)
          I dont think they do actually.
          Check out the shots on Xbox.ign.com

They seem to have borders top and bottom. Also, the subtitles that appear at the top of the screen during gameplay (if you have them turned on) go above the top border.

Interestingly, the game supports 16x9 widescreen but still has the borders during gameplay. However, the FMV runs in fllscreen.

Odd innit.

Comment

Blimey,
            i leave my box set up for 4:3 and 50 for halo - I did switch it to 60 but there was no change - hence my (wrong) conclusion.

So it is like BG&E and is intentional....

It's still a shame the interface seems so unfinished - the flash interface used on the A&D website is really good and something similar in the game itslef would have made it feel more polished.

Comment

I read somewhere that the cutscenes for A & D are quite poor.
              Played the pc demo of this and its not too bad. A nice bit of throwaway fun when you dont fancy anything too cerebral.

Comment

The cut scenes are very mixed.
                There isn't an intro to set up the story - I'm all for keeping them to a minimum but it just makes it all feel so unfinished.

I think the game itself is fun - some of the levels are very intricate etc - bump mapping , lots happening and the very nice Havok ragdoll physics.

Its just a shame it isn't a rounded package like conker of JFG - split screen multiplayer would have more than made up for the very basic front end.

I don't have LIVE and don't want it so this trend towards no split screen and LIVE only multi play is a bit depressing.

Is it still going to be included in Conker L&Uncut?

Comment

Incidentally I just finished A&D today. It's one of those games that if I were to rate it witha digit I'd give it a seven, but I'll pick it up from time to time and always remember it fondly because third-person shooters that control this well are so rare.

Seriously, hearing an enemy yell "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, he's got my balls!!" as a great white shark that was just fired out of a gun snatches up the nearest enemy. Priceless.

Comment

hmmm quite a way on, and I've finally got around to buying this game (sorry to ressurect an old thread) but this really is the Serious Sam of 3rd Person Shooters and great fun (now it can be had for a fiver I'm lovin it ^_^) sad to see there aren't too many other games like this I love how simple it all it.

Comment

Just bought this on eBay brand new/sealed for 15EUR, pretty curious about it now... Planet Moon has a great sense of humour! How is the Live component?

Comment

it plays like both mdk2 and giants; citizen kabuto... it's kinda a mixture of both in terms of controls and a wicked sense of humour, i happen to like this game a lot

Comment

It's an excellent little game, very under rated, the live is only content download but some nice extra levels

Comment

lol, i just brought this game myself 2nd for ?12 last week after playing the demo ages ago, very much worth it at that price. I love the Roman jetpac levels and the cutscene are all comedy gold.

'GIVE ME THE KEEEYYSSS'

Comment

ive had the PC version for ages and never even installed it ... maybe i should =P

Comment

Working...
                              X