PacMan Vs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PacMan Vs

I thought this diserved a real thread, as its currently hiding in our mini-meet.

This game is brilliant, for those who don't know the score let me explain.

GameCube, connect 1 GBA in port 4, then 1, 2 or 3 GameCube pads in the other ports. Boot up the Cube, everything loads up, choose score limit and level and you are off. Each player is assigned a colour and a number, which isn't necessarily the same as the port number.

The GBA fella sees the classic PacMan board, the three ghosts see a radius around them, which can be expanded by fruit. Naturally the ghost need to catch PacMan, and naturally PacMan needs to get the dots. The PowerDot is a big thing too.

Just imagine playing PacMan with thinking, living, breathing, intellegent ghosts, its just insane, especially when you are getting all these 80s flashbacks pouring in your mind.

Tactics are through the roof, because its a competitive score game, so the player who kills PacMan get points, aswell as PacMan getting points for eating ghosts etc, so once you've got your head around the game, you have to think about getting killed by the right person or you lose the whole game.

It's really freaking smart.

I like the look of it but one thing -

Can you name the players so that you don't have to contend with the "Controller 3 to Player 2" "Player 3 take Controller 1" malarky?

Comment

Sounds amazing!

I just hope that Donkey Konga comes with a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkAttack
        I like the look of it but one thing -

Can you name the players so that you don't have to contend with the "Controller 3 to Player 2" "Player 3 take Controller 1" malarky?
        Bascially when the PacMan player dies (GBA) this guy then swaps with the killer ghost, so as in our case without 3 wavebirds it turns into spaghetti junction rather quickly.

Comment

Can someone confirm what games you get this with?
          US versions and Jap versions.

Comment

As of right now, this is what I know:

Japan:
            R: Racing Evo

Comment

Yep this is a cool freebie, played it with a mate last night. Should be great with 4 players...

Comment

BASTARDS, its not free in AMerica, its a separate game.......

Comment

Yes when you R Racing or Pac Man World 2 or something. Plus now they are including it with I-Ninja. Nothing is ever free with TEh N!nteE.

Comment

It ONLY comes with PanMan2 by the looks of it?

Comment

Originally posted by JibberX
                      It ONLY comes with PanMan2 by the looks of it?

http://hh141.hiphip.com/templates/fr...ubFolderID=158
                      Is it officially out in the US yet?
                      I think I would buy a copy as it's cheap...

Comment

From Planet Gamecube:

Pac-Man vs. will also be available with other Namco games for Nintendo GameCube including R: Racing Evolution and I-Ninja. Each copy of R: Racing Evolution will include a copy of Pac-Man vs., is rated T for Teen, and will be available Dec. 9 at an MSRP of $49.95. Starting Dec. 4 at specialty retailers, fans can also receive Pac-Man vs. free as a gift with any purchase of I-Ninja, Rated T for Teen, at an MSRP of $49.95.

Comment

Yeah, it's a preorder bonus disc. Preorder R:Racing or I-Ninja and you can get the disc NOW before those games come out. OR, you can get it with PacMan World 2 where it actually comes in the same case.

I got mine with the JPN R:Racing as i wasnt risking trying to get hold of the US version.

Comment

I am wanting Pac Man Vs with the re-released Pac man World 2 as all the other games (I-Ninja and Ridge Racer Evolution) don't appeal to me and this well also be a much cheaper budget title too...
                            Anyone got any ideas when this is out?

Comment

This is getting confusing now. I was eventually going to get R Racing Evo and I-Ninja but maybe not till next year. So is that right that I won't get Pac Man Vs with them next year? Bah!

Comment

Working...
                              X