Street Fighter II Anniversary Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Street Fighter II Anniversary Edition

Received this today and have given it a quick look over. I used to be very much into Street Fighter on the SNES, more so that than any other incarnation of the series, and so this is bringing all those memories back for me, which, seeing as this is aimed at the Street Fighter enthusiast, is part way there already for making this a warrented purchase. Indeed from what I have seen so far this is very much a trip down memory lane for me, and choosing a fighter like Ken is still as familiar and satisfying as putting on an old pair of worn underpants, it just feels like home.

I wont bore on about the SF mechanics as Im sure most of us are already very familiar with this, although I would be interested if there are any SF enthusiasts who would be able to play the game to a greater degree of depth than I have and could point out any descrepancies, or indeed just confirm that the 5 games on offer here all survived intact. The Arrange music is quite upbeat and works well, but if you prefer you can choose the CPSI and II music instead. Other bonuses you get include the opening movies from all 5 games, as well as the credits pages, as well as a sound test with Street Fighter melodies.

One of the SF purists then, or simply those who just want a reminder of a game engine which for many remains untouched to this day.

Are the 5 seperate games then, Marcus? I was under the impression it was along the lines of Vampire Chronicle on the DC. I.E. one game and 5 different styles of play/character.

Comment

How did you get this so fast? I know Play-asia only sent them out yesterday.

Comment

Mine was shipped yesterday and is in the country already.

Hopefully tomorrow.

Comment

Just ordered mine. Couldn't resist. It's SF2 ffs.

Comment

Is this the best Street Fighter game available on GC/XBOX/PS2/N64 for me ?

Comment

The DC already has a fantastic port and nice arcade sticks to play them on. This release feels so unnecessary.

I wish they'd redone the graphics to a SF3 or GGX standard and tweaked the gameplay a tad.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary
                Is this the best Street Fighter game available on GC/XBOX/PS2/N64 for me ?
                what do you want from a Street Fighter game, a trip down memory lane, or a new experience?

This leans more towards the trip down memory lane kinda game.

Yet, as the core game hasn't change (how can it?), there is a lot of fun even for the new street fighter player, even if most of the point of a collection of this sort goes straight over the head of the newbie or non hardcore SF player - including me - that is pitching the different versions of the same char against other, tweaked chars from different versions.

Comment

Is it running Hi res or Low res Marcus?

Comment

Id love to run this alongside my SNES SF games, but am unable to as they have all been packaged away at this time, but I dont recall the game looking this detailed and sharp on the SNES, not to say that its amazingly high resolution or anything, but it does seem to look somehow nicer. Then again, Im not playing it on a 21" tv anymore either, which could perhaps have something to do with it.

Comment

I think I will pick it up after Christmas once I know how much budget I got from my wages and freelance work.

I was hoping to be able to buy a 32 inches widescreen TV but it is unlikely.

Comment

Mine's on it's way as we speak - looking forward to checking out the accompanying DVD; meant to be combo footage etc.

Comment

So where did you get this from marcus? I've had a pre-order in at play-asia for yonks so I'd expect mine to be one of first shipped, dammit!
                          Did you use someone else?

I need my discs now! ft:

Comment

Yeah, mine was shipped yesterday from PA. Got the Special Edition version with the DVD and mousemat etc.

Time to get the Hori sticks out again methinks.

Comment

rrr...i want this so much, but its got to wait till after christmas (at least)

So does it have any combo videos and the anime movie on the disc too, or is that just the special edition?

Comment

Working...
                              X