Blades Of Steel - Nes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blades Of Steel - Nes

Does anyone else love this game as much as me? Great ice hockey action, with a hilarious fighting aspect for good measure.

I'm not really an ice hockey fan & yes, it was/is a touch simplistic, but it made for some great 2-player battles.

Wish I still had a Nes

I loved playing this 2 - player, one of my great memories about the game was that fact that once your opponent started attacking, you would forego control of your players and be the goalkeeper where you would just follow the red allow on the floor in front of your goal which indicated where the shot would go.

This made is nigh on impossible to score, unless you positioned yourself at an angle and hoped for a lucky deflection off the goalkeeper - or from penalties.

Fantastic stuff - fighting was just a case of hammering the buttons faster than your opponent too.

Comment

I remember being really impressed by the synthasized (sp) speech in the game, and a bit of me always wanted a cd with the intro music on! Myself and my mate used to spend a whole day playing that game, and I belive it was the cause of my mate snapping the lid off the cartridge slot in a fit of rage after a particularly intense game!

I introduced the other half to it a few months ago via an emulator snd she loved it! I'd be interested in picking a copy up actually, it's been a while since the real thing

Comment

Quality game This along with Punch Out and Hyper Soccer were my most played NES games.

I think I've only ever played in 2-Player but thats how it should be. Being the keeper was genius and fights were hilarious button mashes

Its on my Xbox emu aswell and I was playing it just the other day as we went through most of my old games from NES, MD, Snes to N64.

Comment

Working...
        X